Well I am now a member of the XB-600 60V club with the "shunt" mod done. What kind of increase has everyone else got from their upgrades? I seem to get max of 28-29mph on the scooters speedo. The pickup is nice but I guess if I wanted more I could always redo the shunt. I used 1.25" of a basic coat hanger, I am guessing it is not as conductive as some of the others that people have used. I could always redo it with 1" of the same hanger.
But, lets get down to the main reason I made this post.....
After thinking long and hard about an easy place to put it, I decided somewhere under the seat would be good.
So I took out the plastic shroud above the rear tire well. I then bent the 2 metal tabs holding it down, the one directly behind the controller, I tried my best to bend it directly downward. I then used a metal strip to connect the two together for support from the bottom. I then re-attached the shroud underneath this space. I put the battery laying on its back with the terminals facing forward, and used a large tie wrap to secure it to the frame and support. For now, I used electrical tape to cover the battery terminals and make them as weather proof as possible. here are some pics, had to use my cell phone for them so they arent the best quality in the world....
The adjusted shroud mounts ^^^^
The battery in its place ^^^^
It took some re-adjusting to fit the batter under the seat and not hit the rear tire well.
If the rear support is pushed too low, it will hit the well and cause rubbing. As it is now, the battery is slightly tilted downward in the front to fit and not hit the well.
Just wanted to get this info out there and get some feedback. Maybe someone loves the idea and goes further. Maybe u hate the idea, I dont know. Just giving my 2 cents worth!! :)
I'll keep everyone posted on any mods I make or think of.