Sticking throttle

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul Scott
Sticking throttle

A few months ago, I started having problems with my throttle sticking. It felt like whatever lubrication there was had begun drying out and progressed to the point that when I used regen, the throttle would actually stay stuck in regen until I forced it to neutral position. I called John Cupp, the Vectrix rep for southern California and he came over and took the throttle apart, lubricated it, and everything was fine... for two days. Then it started doing it again. After a few weeks, it had gotten back to sticking too much to be safe, so I took it into Del Amo Motorsports, the local dealer for Vectrix. They kept it a week, and then called to tell me it was ready. I drove home, but within two miles of leaving the shop, I noticed a slight sticking. It's coming back.

Have any of you had this problem before? Any idea what to do about it for a long term fix?

Also, the grip seems to have lost its adhesive. It will turn on the throttle since the regen is so hard to use.

tom5007
Re: Sticking throttle

Yes the throttle feels like it is missing oil. It certainly wasn't like this when I first bought the bike. However after 6000 miles it is not sticking. It is just not feeling well lubricated. Did you see the Vectrix guy taking the throttle apart? I was wondering if it is difficult to do.
Norman

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Sticking throttle

The throttle might be perfectly fine!

Try this:

1) Push the rubber around the throttle handlebar towards the center - this will make the sticking a lot worse and is probably what you are doing without noticing it.

2) Pull the rubber away - and your problem is probably fixed.

3) Find suitable plastic washer to put between the parts rubbing together and fix it for good!

4) Write it up in the handbook section of Visforvoltage so it can be referred to when the next person need the info!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage