XB-700Li - Alarm Horn and Turn Signals not working

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
PzlPete
XB-700Li - Alarm Horn and Turn Signals not working

I lost my Alarm, Horn, and Turn Signals all at the same time. Tech support says check both fuses in battery box and all wiring. Both fuses are fine and none of the wires in the little plastic bag by the controller are loose. What else besides a fuse could cause all three of these to go out at the same time??? Thank you!!

solutionsgem
solutionsgem's picture
Re: XB-700Li - Alarm Horn and Turn Signals not working

Hello, It happened the same to us. Our problem was a defective front left turn signal socket. The spring loaded connector that touches the positive side of the bulb broke inside the bulb socket. Every time we used the turn signal it would short it out because the positive and negative were touching. We contacted xtreme, they sent us a new horn. The horn houses the turn signals and alarm controller if we are not mistaken. As soon as we fixed the turn signal socket our lights came on. Check all your turn signals bulbs, sockets and light bulb connections for shorts. There might be problem.

Good luck.

Energy Independence For A Bright Future.

www.solutionsgem.com

PzlPete

Thank you! I will check my turn signal socket. Does a short there really affect the horn and alarm??? Did you install the new horn/controller they sent you or was that not necessary? I am trying to figure out if I should ask them for a new horn. Thanks again!

solutionsgem
solutionsgem's picture

Yes a short in the socket circuit will affect the alarm horn. Everything seems to be interconnected. In our case the alarm still worked but our blinkers would not. We replaced the horn and did not fixed the problem. In your case, we would check all the sockets and wires before asking for replacement parts. If you do not find a problem then ask for the horn replacement. That might be the trouble.

Energy Independence For A Bright Future.

www.solutionsgem.com

PzlPete

Just a quick update. After checking both fuses, all my wiring connections, and the turn signal sockets, my alarm/horn/signals were still not working. Xtreme sent me a new horn, which also houses the alarm processor, I installed it last weekend, and presto!! Everything now works. The new alarm has different chimes than the old one, and the horn no longer beeps everytime you turn the key off. But everything is now working so in my case it really was the horn.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage