Install Cycle Analyst

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
zigalisr01
Install Cycle Analyst

Hi all,
Not much traffic here recently. No one has much to say. Anyway, my XM-4000 is running good, back and forth to work. I am adding a CycleAnalyst I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion or idea on how to mount it. I am planning to drill some holes in the plastic housing that covers the handle bars for the wires. Then put on some velco that has sticky tape to secure the box in place. If you have done this any suggestions as to which wires to splice into?

Randy
San Diego

xm4000li-angle-left-red-270px.jpg

Curious
Curious's picture
Re: Install Cycle Analyst

See my post titled "Axle keyed differently". I show how I mount a large-format cycle analyst and completely replace the existing dashboard with it.

If you got one of the standard Cycle Analysts, I would suggest bolting it to the plastic housing surrounding the handlebars. If you remove the single screw, there are simply tabs that hold the two halves together. A putty knife or flat screwdriver will pry them apart pretty easily. Then you can mount it and put the handlebar cover back together easily.

zigalisr01
Re: Install Cycle Analyst

Thanks for the info. I looked at the pictures of what you did, very impressive; a whole new dash assemble. I got my cycle analyst and started putting it on today. Your suggestions about how to take the handle bar housing apart was most helpful. I got some screw-on wire connectors to use to splice the Stand-Alone molded shunt into the battery cables. I have the handle-bar housing apart so, now I will cut a slot into the part that is closest to the rider. The CA is designed to mount onto handle-bars. So, the slot will match the mounting bracket and allow the CA to mount flush onto the handle-bar house with double sided velcro. Thanks for your help

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage