Brammo Empulse on Car Talk

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Brammo Empulse on Car Talk

An interesting sign of the times -- I'm listening to Car Talk (a call-in program on National Public Radio where people call in with questions about their cars -- I don't understand why I, as an EV lover, listens to that show but it's a fun experience) ... for their weekly puzzler they always give several ways to send in answers like on a postcard or written on the back of something like a fancy schmancy gas grill.

This week they suggested writing the answer on a Brammo Empulse - and read out the whole specs.

A sign that the Empulse is reaching a mass audience?

Don Harmon
Re: Brammo Empulse on Car Talk

I hope that the Brammo product catches on. We did some early development work with them but that was before we had the right prismatic cells to work with their machine. I wish the luck!

Don Harmon
LiFeBATT, Inc.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Hi Don, when I talked with them at Laguna Seca they refused to identify the precise chemistry nor the supplier. But they've decided to use those cells in both the Empulse and an upgraded version of the Enertia. Going by the spec's the new pack is higher power density and higher energy density than the Valence batteries used on the original version of the Enertia. (but a shorter life span as measured in charge cycles)

Dauntless

The show is 'Car Talk,' NOT 'Gas Engine Talk.' What are you complaining about listening for?

You want to talk electrics on 'Car Talk?' Call in and talk about them. That's how it works. The only reason there hasn't been much talk yet is there ain't been much cars. That's not going to change big, but it'll change a little. People are going to be curious even if they don't have one themselves.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

The show is 'Car Talk,' NOT 'Gas Engine Talk.' What are you complaining about listening for?

Duantless - Err - no one is complaining. Why are you looking for an argument where none exists?

when I talked with them at Laguna Seca they refused to identify the precise chemistry nor the supplier

David - looking at the specs of the pack I think Brammo is going with LiPo batteries (educated guess based on the nominal voltage and the charge cycles). I know that Kokam have some automotive grade LiPo cells that apparently address the thermal stability and robustness issues.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Dauntless

An interesting sign of the times -- I'm listening to Car Talk (a call-in program on National Public Radio where people call in with questions about their cars -- I don't understand why I, as an EV lover, listens to that show

Duantless - Err - no one is complaining. Why are you looking for an argument where none exists?

Speaks for itself. No need for a comment on my part.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

davew
davew's picture

I noticed the new producer, Carly Nix, had acquired the handle "high voltage". I expect she wrote that bit of script and kudos to her for doing so!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage