Debut of my Trek 7200 +

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Don S Schaeffer
Don S Schaeffer's picture
Debut of my Trek 7200 +

I just rode my Trek 7200 plus to the store (about a mile) for the first time today. For a 71 year old man it was very gratifying. With the gentle assistance of the motor I was able to take all the hills I could barely make with my old Trek Hybrid without breaking a sweat. That's great for me--a smooth, easy ride. I rode in the 8th and 10th gear using assistance levels 0, 1, 2, and 3.

Aconite
Re: Debut of my Trek 7200 +

I bought a Trek 7200+ for my wife. We went for our debut bike ride this past weekend. Did not go well. The console kept rebooting, the time setting would loose track of the time, lights would go out. I did some diagnostics (as I have a Trek Valencia+) and determined it may be the controller. I just got the controller replaced and for the first two test rides seemed to go ok. Here is hoping, but the rain is keeping us inside.

The Trek 7200+ is quite a comfortable bicycle to ride, you don't have to lean forward, and compared to my Valencia, it is quite light, even for an electric bike.

Don S Schaeffer

Thanks Aconite. I have a simple controller that only gives the battery strength and controls level of assistance. I find my bike very practical for getting to town to shop and do errands. I hope you get everything fixed.

Trek Ride Plus Power assisted bike

Aconite

Don ...

Turns out it was just the controller. My dealer had a floor model and we swapped the controller. The problem has not come back. Quick fix. I was worried we would be out of commission for several weeks as we wait for parts to come in right after unpacking the bike. Everything seems to be working ok.

However ... be sure to keep a close eye on your spokes. Only 30km and my wife had a loose spoke. It was making a creaking sound as the wheel rotated. It was easy to find when "pinging" all the spokes with my finder. I tightened it, made sure I didn't warp the wheel and it the noise went away. I had a loose spoke on my Bionx wheel as well within the first 100 km. It was not making a sound, but I noticed it when inspecting (pinging) the spokes.

Don S Schaeffer

Thanks. I'll keep my eye on the spokes.

Trek Ride Plus Power assisted bike

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002