E-MAX S110 horn is on when wet

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
papapopop
E-MAX S110 horn is on when wet

Hi,
when it is heavy raining on my e-max the horn or the winker is always on. When it is dry I have no problems.
I think that the contacts get wet.
Anyone a solution ?
Greets to All

athlon
Re: E-MAX S110 horn is on when wet

Is a know issue , AFIK some WD40 or CRC-5-56 should keep the water outside form the horn and winker command for some time (but after a long time of heavy rain water will soon or later get into )

110srider

My horn got stuck but only after I'd washed the scooter - I must have sprayed water directly at the switch. It stopped when it dried out.
However since then I have had serious electrical problems - current leakage especially when raining. The problem has wiped out the original set of batteries after less than 7000 miles.
My dealer 'fixed' it but it has now come back and looks like its going to destroy my new 75AH AGM batteries if I don't get it sorted.

I used to be able to get over 50 miles on a charge. I now have better batteries and can only get 30 miles (25 when wet)

Anyone got any ideas about this?

athlon

Water dispersion are very low , is annoying when turn light or horn get stuck , but there i NO WAY that water can dissipate enough current to change mileage or to discharge the battery.

BTW , E-max original battery are way the best Lead battery you can get and are designed for deep discharge at High Amp , a "normal" 75 AH battery if rated with the E-max procedure will hardly show more than 40Ah , this is why your new battery have less range than original.
(lesser range when raining is because the wheels lift water from the road and spryed it around , this work of "lifting water" is energy consuming)

For fixing current dispersion you need to check all the cabling and use a lot of WD-40 , dryout the WD and use electrical tape to insulate wires and covers

Peter51

Chek the cable from turn light and horn in a tube to the controller under the seat. Disconnect the connector for turn light and horn and lay the connector to the bottem. Water will come out (from the tube around the cables).
Dry the tube were the elecric cables in. Fix the tube beside the steering so no water can get into the tube.
Peter

vmoto emax official

Dear all,

For any technical questions regarding the old Emax scooters, you can contact klaus [at] vmoto.eu and for any required parts (including batteries) juancarlos [at] vmoto.eu

Both of these people work at our European head office in Barcelona. We also have a new UK distributor who should be able to source parts for you:

ZEV Europe Ltd.
Web: www.vmotoscooters.co.uk

Best Regards,

Vmoto Emax International Ltd
(owner of Emax designs and technology since 2010. Now manufacture a wider range of electric scooters for our worldwide distributors and fleet customers)

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage