Flashing RED - Battery & Temp

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Flashing RED - Battery & Temp

OK, it's summer in the UK - but I fired up the VX1 having been in the garage and not charging for a few days to find the above indicators flashing once the bike was energised. I'n use, the bike performed normally, although the icons flashed in sync for the whole journey - I've no need to recharge, yet - but the warnings do appear spurious.

Paul
Re: Flashing RED - Battery & Temp

Hi Buzby
Was the V wet at any stage? Do you have cold nights and condensation forms inside windows? Does the V live in a damp garage or shed?

You probably have corrosion on the front battery monitoring board. The result is that the V will refuse to charge.

-Take the body-work off, lift the lid and remove back and front battery packs. Carefully.............. HIGH VOLTAGE!
-Clean up the corrosion and seal with spray-on epoxy.
-Now seal up the big and small holes on the front of the frame below the headstock, inside and out, and test the fix by powering the V up.
-Try to seal up the cable entry below the handlebars where the front battery board wires exit the battery area.
-Re-assemble the rest of the bike.
-Test again.

Cheers

Paul

ofx210p

This should be in the handbook !

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

hi simlar probblem but my vectrix lives outside all year round with a wonderfull cover over it . but when i go to work i park it inside big dry garage ..
but soon hopfully getting garage soon wonder if this is a probblem have to get time to look futher into this thred.. kev

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage