Bionx Battery Type

1 post / 0 new
Aconite
Bionx Battery Type

Here is a photograph of my Bionx battery:

5660854359_f39a797151_b.jpg

This is from a Trek Valencia+. It is 6.5 a/H, 40V. I don't think it is one of the higher end Bionx batteries.

Searching the web, I can not find any info on these rack batteries, only the rack batteries that are a different shape than this one, a little more rectangular. Even a google image search fails to find any images of this model battery.

There is a hole behind the red light you can not see in the photograph, looks like it is designed to make the battery easier to pull out. I like this style because I can run a cable through the hole when I lock my bike, giving the battery extra protection.

Because I can not find any info on this model of battery, I am curious .... is this something Trek specific? Or is it perhaps an older rack type battery that is not made anymore, or maybe a newer style?

I am surfing around trying to do some research if I will be able to update the cells in my battery pack with Lipo cells when it wears out (hopefully not for a few years from now). I am just looking for information on Bionx batteries, doing some research so when it comes time to replace this battery, I might have enough information to replace the cells myself with something better than the cells Bionx uses, for less money.

Anybody know anything about this style of battery?

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage