My XB-700LI is too slow

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Venezuelanguy
My XB-700LI is too slow

Hi forum -
I own a XB700Li and I noticed that my bike is getting way too slow. It keeps a steady speed between 10-20kph and it is full charged. What could it be?
And also, I noticed that it dies on me when driving it and when I hit the left brake it starts again so I can continue the ride. Can somebody tell me if this could be a battery problem or an electrical problem?

PzlPete
Re: My XB-700LI is too slow

How old is your 700li and how many miles?

I rode my 700li for 18 months and about 3500 miles. I never did see a decrease in speed (consistently 20mph) but my range went from about 25 miles originally to less than 14 miles.

Install a digital self powered 2 wire voltmeter to monitor the battery health. It is very telling. My bike would charge to 53 volts when new, but only 51 after 18 months, and then it sagged considerably more even when fully charged.

The only time I saw the bike die while driving was when I hit low voltage cutoff around 43 volts. Hitting the left brake to restart?? Have not seen that.

Venezuelanguy

I bought it about 2 years ago and had to change the battery last summer because it got bloated. I haven't use it much this year, but I remember I was getting about 40kph (20mph) but now is just half of that. My range is still about 25 miles.
Do you think a low voltage will drcrease range or speed? Or perhaps both?

PzlPete

I think that low voltage primarily decreases range. I am thinking that from 53 volts full to about 48 volts, I could still travel at 20 mph. When I reached 47 or below, yes my speed started to decrease, and I had to keep my speed low to prevent the voltage sag from hitting low voltage cuttoff at 43 volts. A digital voltmeter is great for telling you exactly what is happening with your battery pack.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage