Interestingly - a year ago Zero cut off relationship with a Canadian distributor.
It's part of a change in focus where Zero had formerly not set up formal dealer relationships, but instead relied on working with "sales representatives", some of whom were motorcycle shops. There are legal differences and also a proper dealer is required to hold more stock in the store.
ZERO MOTORCYCLES’ NEW DEALERSHIP MODEL EXPANDS NORTH WITH NINE NEW POWERSPORTS DEALERS BEING ANNOUNCED IN CANADA
Zero Motorcycles has selected nine of Canada's top motorsports dealers to carry its entire product line:
- Greater Vancouver Powersports (Surrey, British Columbia)
- All Season Motorsports (Calgary, Alberta)
- Mitchell Cycle (Mitchell, Ontario)
- Electric Motorcycles Windsor (Windsor, Ontario)
- Motorsport Newman (Pierrefonds, Québec)
- Equipements Les Chutes (Shawinigan, Québec)
- L'Ami Denis Sherbrooke (Sherbrooke, Québec)
- Duncan Motorsports (Duncan, British Columbia)
- Oakville Yamaha (Oakville, Ontario)
On July 12, Zero announced the official launch of its U.S. dealership model. Zero is already seeing the success of its U.S. program with dealers quickly reporting in that bikes have been sold and interest is high. Zero announced eight new American retail locations spanning from California to Michigan. Zero will continue adding new powersports dealers in both the U.S. and Canada with numbers expected to reach 50+ by the end of the year.