What exactly triggers EQ charge?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
AndY1
AndY1's picture
What exactly triggers EQ charge?

It's been more than 4000km since last EQ charge and it still won't trigger the EQ charge phase.

Obviously, 8-12 hours riding time doesn't trigger it, at least not in my case. What does?

pyjohnson
Re: What exactly triggers EQ charge?

First thing are you on a version of software that has the EQ function, I think any version from Oct 2008 has it.

12 hours riding seems to be the trigger on my bike, about 9 or 10 trips to work depending on traffic

The EQ function starts after a full charge and takes about 4 hours

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that it tries to do the EQ three times uninterrupted, then it gives up trying. May be you need to hook the bike up to the diagnostic software to enable it again?

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: What exactly triggers EQ charge?

Yes, I am. Since the firmware update, I've had 3-4 cycles of EQ charging. All of them aprox. after 12 hours of riding.

I let my charge during the whole night on Tuesday night, plugging the V at 23:00 hours so it had enough time to do it. Instead, the charge finished after CC with EC 000 on the LCD.

Unfortunately, nearest dealer if hundreds of km away and I don't have the CANBUS adapter.

I guess something occurred, that charging software hasn't foreseen, and now I'm stuck without Equalization Charge.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage