I put together a wiki page (http://greentransportation.info/electric-vehicle-charging-and-usage-scenarios) laying out what I think are "all" the typical charging/driving/using scenarios for electric "cars" - and shot a video (below) about it. I'd love to hear some feedback and thoughts.
The scenarios are:
- Home charging:- Where your only charging facility is at home
- Destination charging:- You can charge at home, and at your destination, but not elsewhere
- Opportunity charging:- As you travel around town you are able to find charging stations for short (or long) charging sessions
- Long trips:- Difficult unless you have fast charging capability
- Off-peak versus daytime charging