GPS support

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
oley
GPS support

Hi,

I need to fix my pocket GPS on the Vectrix.
Who have already fixed a GPS support on his Vectrix ?

robert93
robert93's picture
Re: GPS support

No Vectrix experience, but these guys had what i needed to put a gps on my bicycles....
http://www.mountguys.com/

MikeB

I haven't done it for a Vectrix, but have for 2 other scooter models. RAM Mounts are the usual way to go.
Give these guys a look for the various parts and pieces: http://www.gpscity.com/rammounts

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

oley
israndy
israndy's picture

When I got my V the FIRST thing I wanted (besides the center stand that took two years to get) was the mount for the iPhone. I did a LOT of research and ended up with the RAM mount, there were several options and I chose the flat panel that I mounted above the brake reservoir using the included extra long screws. There just is not enough exposed handlebar to use their actual handlebar mounts.

The mounting is secure, though the screw holes did not line up, so I could only used two. It includes a tighten-able ball that the optional mount attaches to. I have had the 3GS mounted for the last two years and except for rain, which I don't drive in anyway, l have never had an issue with the mount. I recently got gloves that have the fingers cut out so I can change the music track while riding. Love my bluetooth helmet. RAM offers many attachments, I will be getting the one for the iPhone 4s soon, and they have just about every other kind of mount imaginable.

If you follow in my footsteps use the center stand, as I made the mistake of opening my reservoir with the bike on the side stand and leaked a bit of brake fluid and the screws on the handlebar have yet to stop rusting. I put new ones in and w/i a month they are rusted too. Need to pick up some gold screws.

-Randy

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage