CMC partnering with Dakkota Integrated Systems to manufacture their scooters

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jstibal
CMC partnering with Dakkota Integrated Systems to manufacture their scooters

I just noticed jdh2550_1's comment in this post about CMC "teaming with a Tier 1 auto supplier for manufacturing". A little digging on the CMC website and I found this link about their partnering with Dakkota Integrated System (Googling "Current Motor Company Dakkota" results in several press release articles). I was curious if anyone knew about Dakkota, and what their impressions are about this move? I'm sure John H. has information that he may or may not be able to share, but I'm also curious about what those of us who don't work for CMC know about Dakkota.

Googling Dakkota on my lunch hour didn't provide much information, but my first thought is that this is a good thing; if they're using an automotive OEM for their manufacturing, it should be an improvement over what we've become accustomed to from the Chinese made bikes (I'm thinking specifically of my EVT Z-20A).

Thoughts?

awilensky
awilensky's picture
Re: CMC partnering with Dakkota Integrated Systems to ...

Dakota is a seemingly Tier 1 supplier for Injection molded interior parts and cockpit (passenger compartment) assemblies aas well as the management of the material workflow and logistics. Current using Dakota seems to point to a body parts relationship, or potentially, Dakota may be expanding their services repertoire to include full vehicle assembly. I am sure that John Harding can shed some insight/

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Dakkota (http://www.dakkotasystems.com/index.html) will be doing full vehicle assembly under contract for us. This will allow us to concentrate on engineering, sales & marketing, customer service, business development etc. etc.

The bikes will be assembled in their facility near Lansing, MI.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PJD
PJD's picture

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage