Xb 700li motor question?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rion3
Xb 700li motor question?

Today I was riding my 700li and all of a sudden it lost the power to drive.. I stopped and I would turn the throttle and it would do like a putt putt type of thing but would not get going. It's almost like it's tryin to grab and go but it won't.. How would I know if the motor has broke down?

mf70
Re: Xb 700li motor question?

Motors are tough. If you weren't abusing it, the first place I'd look would be either low batteries or an open connector somewhere along the line. There should be three heavy phase wires between the controller and the hub motor, as well as five Hall-effect sensor wires. If any of them is disconnected or broken, you would get the symptoms you saw.

Mark

mf70

Indeed, the throttles do seem to be a weak point. I've had three throttle failures also in about the same amount of time. In each case, the activating magnet for the Hall-effect sensor had gotten jarred out of place. It is held by friction - a little Gorilla glue in the right place might be a good idea. (Dis-assembling a throttle is a bit of a puzzle; they are designed to snap together, not to be rebuilt.)

MF

mf70

The stuttering no-power action, however, points to Hall effect sensor or connector dropout to the hub-motor.

MF

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage