Fork legs / fork Seals / brake pads

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ofx210p
Fork legs / fork Seals / brake pads

My bike was sat seemingly in damp storage for 4 years before i bought it.

The forklegs (staunchions : chrome bit) were a bit rusty in places but i didn't notice the rust was far enough down the leg to bother the fork seals. Sadly one of them is has leaked like a sieve and pumped fork oil all over the front brake rendering it mostly useless.

This became apparent when a truck did a U-turn in front of me and i missed it by about an inch (25mm) only JUST stopping from 55kmh to zero. Sadly i stopped but just couldnt keep balance once stopped and had to lay the bike down as gently as i could. So minor scratches etc where the paint touched the tarmac. The U-turn'ee disappeared faster than a bat out of hell and so i didnt get his details or the owners name.

So i'm going to have to either repair the fork legs and replace the seals / brakepads or replace the offending legs.

So my questions are.....

1. Does anyone know what the fitment information is for the VX-1 Seals/Brakepads (is there any crossovers with other makes/models as they are marzocci legs aren't they ?)

And the brakes being brembo... is it a specific Vectrix fit ?

2. Does anyone have a spare set of forks in good order they might want to sell ? Dont need anything other than the forks .

Cheers all

Chris

michaelt
Re: Fork legs / fork Seals / brake pads

Chris

I have all the info on brake pads, since I have replaced mine twice(in 8000k's)I must be the only Vectrix owner who uses them so heavily. And they feel like they need repacing again. Once a year....??? Anyway I'll call in and see you. Definitely need to do the encoder clean, I am getting strange noises accelerating hard on he flat now. Just no time.............

ofx210p

Hey michael. I haven't made a great effort to look for them yet. Been away on hol for a week without any electronics for the first time in probably 20 yrs. Back now so will try to take a look and find out this next couple of weeks.

ttfn

Chris

berndoz

Hi Chris

if you can't find any break pads locally than METALGEAR in Brisbane have break pads and disk at good prices and FANTASTIC service.
Cheers, Bernd

ofx210p

Awesome thanks for that info.

BurgerMario

Hi Vectrix fans

Brakepads: FA181 front and rear from EBC.

CU

Mario

-------- http://www.vectrix-forum.de --------
THE FIRST german VECTRIX Forum

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76