"Using the 'Modified' Charger software - Good and Bad reports"

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Re: "Using the 'Modified' Charger software - Good and Bad ...

The last couple of times I rode - I looked down at the dash to see the temperature and the yellow-wrench indicators flashing on and off. The first time it happened I stopped, turned the key off and on - and it stopped. The next time it happened I just kept riding and it stopped on its own after a few minutes.

I know the temperature wasn't high because the temperature gauge was displaying 11C... and it has been very cold outside recently.

I'm assuming this is a side-effect of the new software - the bike is charging and running fine otherwise.

R
R's picture

Was the environment very cold?
The fans always run, and if cold air goes inside, temp sensors may record different values, well above 10 degrees between them, the lights you've seen start flashing until the difference is below again these 10c of difference..

Jonathanm

I have had the temperature and low battery level start to flash (twice?) since I have had the new software. It only seems to happen if I have a very full charge. A quick recycle of the key and it was reset.

Jonathan

ofx210p

Literally just re-programmed my VX-1 with Lairds "final" NIMH version - i've been running a prototypes for the past 4 months.

Thanks Laird..... will report back as i use it.

Cheers all - i still find re-programming things quite scary !

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Well, it was cold out, but not freezing. There are no fans to run after the Li-ion conversion.
It was the temp light and the battery light that was flashing, not the yellow wrench - I made a mistake.

In any case - the bike is running fine - I'm not worried about it - just thought I'd report it in case other experienced it.

Pages

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage