New C124 Delivered!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
holmesjtg
New C124 Delivered!

Hi all,

Just reporting in that my new C124 scoot arrived yesterday in great shape! It was a bit of an adventure getting it off the delivery truck because the poor fellow had to wait a few hours for a mechanic to come and troubleshoot the lift gate mechanism... but aside from that, everything was fine! The shipping box was sturdy and the bike arrived in perfect condition.

My first ride around the block was pretty cool because I've been used to my Vespa LX50 so the added power, combined with the sweet silence, was awesome. The bike is definitely bigger than I'd really like but I'm assuming it's the battery compartment that dictated the chassis model that was selected. At any rate, it's not hard to handle.

Here's a link to a couple of pics from near my work in Cambridge, MA:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114508764608397647656/albums/5686455153314949169

Anyway, just wanted to share the news... More when I get a chance.

And thanks John (and company) for creating an excellent ride!

Jeff

Picasa web album

MikeB
Re: New C124 Delivered!

OOhhh, congrats Jeff!

The battery box is definitely a constraint on the body size, but you also need a frame built for 65+mph speeds. Riding comfort and weather protection also were factors in the selection of this body. Of course, I feel like this bike is small, since my gas scoot is a larger (and heavier) Honda Silverwing.

Keep us updated as you get used to the new ride.

Mike

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Nice pics Jeff. I hope you enjoy your bike and come to love the extra size :-)

Early on we looked at doing an LX50 equivalent sized bike - but at the moment we decided (a) we needed to concentrate on one model initially & (b) with current parts prices it was difficult to be cost-competitive in the smaller class. However, we may re-visit this size of bike in the future.

Happy riding!

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

holmesjtg

Thanks guys! Actually I am getting used to the size - it's probably good to be a bit more visible anyway.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. How do I tighten up the mirrors? The left in particular is loose and keeps shifting on me. Do I need to take off that little panel on the mirror mount?
2. When I apply the brakes, the alert light flashes continuously with short flashes (while the brakes are applied). The regen needle doesn't move at all. Is this expected?

Jeff Holmes
Wheels: Current Motor Co C124
Work: Encyclopedia of Life www.eol.org

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

1. No don't remove that panel. You need a 10mm socket with a slot cut in it (we can send you one if you want to wait until next week - we just moved!). You take the mirror off and then tighten the inner bolt with the wires running through it (hence the need for the slotted socket). Send me email at john ~at~ currentmotor . com.

2. The alert light flashes continuously to alert you to the fact that there is no power to the controller (same happens when the side stand is down).

3. Sorry, you should have been informed about the regen gauge - it's non-functional. It will be replaced by a small LCD panel that's currently in development. We will update your bike. This display will also allow for much better rider communication than the single alert light we have now. You can see more info on this thread: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/11452-lcd-screen-what-do-you-want-see

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

MikeB

1. No don't remove that panel. You need a 10mm socket with a slot cut in it (we can send you one if you want to wait until next week - we just moved!). You take the mirror off and then tighten the inner bolt with the wires running through it (hence the need for the slotted socket).

It's possible to tighten that inner bolt using just a pair of needle nosed pliers, but you won't get it as tight as you will using the socket. But as a fast fix, it's a good improvement.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

holmesjtg

Thanks John for the quick feedback. I'd be happy to await the socket and will send you an email separately.

Makes sense about the light... I wondered if that was what it meant. No prob. re the gauge. I checked out the thread about the display as well - sounds like it will be a great improvement.

So far I've really been enjoying the bike overall. Let me know if there's anything in particular that you'd like more feedback on.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff Holmes

holmesjtg

Thanks Mike, I might try that as a quick fix.

Jeff

Jeff Holmes

dgalb100

Another way to do the bolt on the mirrors is to put a socket on it, threading the wires up though the hole in the socket. Then grab the socket with a pair of pliers on the outside rim that will poke up above the mirror "hole" and tighten it. (you'll need a socket that is a little long, but not spark plug length). That is how I did mine and you can tighten them as much as you want that way.

Do not ride the bike with the mirrors loose for any amount of time, I did that, just picking them back up every other day or so, and then couldn't get them to ever really tighten up. I have solved that problem by setting them exactly where I wanted, taking them off the bike and tightening them up so much they can't move at all (even if you wanted to move them). Otherwise it seems to wear a "groove" in and you tighten things a little more, and they can only slip in the groove you already created, but slip they do... so you tighten more... and slip.. and more and slip... and eventually you tighten them to the max and all is good again. :)

Laters,
-d.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage