Vectrix Parts?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Caruso
Caruso's picture
Vectrix Parts?

Does anyone know where I can get parts for my Vectrix from in 2012?

Specifically, I'm after a left hand brake switch.

Jasper
Re: Vectrix Parts?

I bought a replacement brake switch from Italjet, https://secure.italjet.co.uk/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=170 slightly larger in diameter than the standard switch but the rubber cover still fits. They also do a smaller one which looks very much like the standard Vectrix one but I haven't tried this one.

I will just keep riding till it goes bang!

Caruso
Caruso's picture

Thanks, I managed to get mine fixed with a bit of oil and a cleanup of the contacts.

Having had my Vectrix for nearly a year now, I'm a convert to them and haven't seen a better alternative for my use on the market. So it would be nice to know where I can get parts if a major bit was to go pop e.g. charger or motor controller.

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

Hi, I had to replace the switches recently. They are an industry standard part and I got a pair for £3 and they work a treat :-)

Electric traction is the future.

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

Hi, I had to replace the switches recently. They are an industry standard part and I got a pair for £3 and they work a treat :-)

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I have a need for a non-Standard industry part - the rear wheel. I hit a pothole in the dark, and badly buckled the rim, causing an immediate deflation. My local repairer says a repair is too risky and urges me to seek a replacement.

But from where?

Anyone know of a UK source for parts? As Emmissions Free (my usual service team) are on voicemail and all the standard searches only bring up firms selling non-Vectrix parts, mainly consumables.

- Raymond

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

Hi, I might be able to help. I have a spare rear wheel rim & part worn tyre that I bought a while ago for £70. As your need is obviously greater than mine I will gladly pass it onto you for the same cost (plus postage) if you wish ? If you want it, let me know where you are and I'll get a postage cost for you, or if you are close we could meet half way.

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

Hi everyone, I'm having a real nightmare with Vectrix in the UK to supply me with some replacement rear wheel studs. They say that the studs are part of the rear hub unit (absolute rubbish). I have a stud which has sheared off and I have removed it from the hub unit with no special tools so I know that it definately is not part of the hub, it is simply a splined/push fit bolt. A company who can't supply even the most basic spare parts will loose its customers in the long run. Does anyone have any suggestions on replacement studs ?

Jasper

I have replacement rear wheel studs if you are interested, will need re-plating, I replaced mine with titanium ones.
I work for a local engineering company and manufactured some new ones through them.
I was disappointed with the way the originals screws etc. corroded easily. So I have replaced the rear wheel studs, inserts, nuts, rear brake & front rotor screws. I have also replaced front wheel spacers, spindle and various other parts with titanium or stainless fittings. If there was enough interest I could organise replacement fittings for a fee to users of this forum.

I will just keep riding till it goes bang!

ofx210p

Jasper i reckon there could be quite a demand for stainless / titanium stuff but i guess the biggest issue is locaton / shipping. Where are you located ?

I reckon you would have a steady stream of buyers If you worked out some prices on bits and posted them on here. Me for one.

Cor

Jasper's profile says he is in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

I like the idea of titanium wheel studs (and other parts). If you can make more I will buy a set, failing that I will purchase a couple of your old ones if you still have them. Thankyou.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage