Converting my 60v, 2000 watt SLA Gel battery scooter to 72v, 4000+ watt Lithium batteries

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tennore
Converting my 60v, 2000 watt SLA Gel battery scooter to 72v, 4000+ watt Lithium batteries

I am definately going to do this!

Now I would ask for thoughts, comments, suggestions on what to buy and where from.

Motor: 10inch Hub at least 4000 watts
(This one from Kelly, http://kellycontroller.com/hub-motor-72v-6kwdisc-brake10-inch-p-41.html)?

Controller: 72v at least 200amps w/Regen
(Also from Kelly, http://kellycontroller.com/keb7260124v-72v200a6kw-bike-brushless-controller-regen-p-279.html)

DC/DC Converter: Neccessary?

Battery: Looks like CHL is now the preferred vendor, 40AH or 50AH plus any insights on BMS?

Charger: Hoping to mount on the bike? Complications?

Anything Missing: ?

Thanks Everyone!

Spaceangel
Re: Converting my 60v, 2000 watt SLA Gel battery scooter to ...

Maybe I missed the boat? I have a XM-3000 a 3KW scooter that died. It died maybe day one. Motor smoked, controller smoked, stinks so I took it apart to verify smoke was all let out. DC-DC controller cannibalized for other XM-3000 and it too died later. Soon I used to head light bulb and horn and finally it is just down to frame and front wheel and now I used the brake assy of it. So my question is. Why spend all the money to upgrade to 72 volt and more power when cost is way off the charts so of speaking. I ordered a new controller and verified my motor was dead. I feel it is cheaper or less expensive to buy a more powerful scoot from Michigan or some place with a warranty or some and tested to work right.
A DC-DC converter is for headlights but is used to kill controller when kickstand is down. So that is one reason to have a DC-DC hooked up.
Well, I guess you got it under way. In my estimate one could easily exceed 5 or 6 grand in parts alone plus many hours of fun and aggravation build a from the ground up scooter. Just get a C-130 or something like that.

KB1UKU

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage