VX-1 weird charging?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
VX-1 weird charging?

Hello all,

I haven't used my Vectrix for a month or so due to the recent weather conditions. Now the weather seems to be improving, I thought I'd give it a full charge this morning, before going for a ride.

Before I last used it, I fully charged it and went for a ride, then put it in storage on the centre stand. I did boot it up a couple of weeks ago just to check everything was working OK.

When I plugged it in this morning, it did this. After switching off and unplugging it and plugging it back in, it now seems to charge fine.

Is this just a software bug, or something more serious I need to keep an eye on?

Buzby
Buzby's picture
Re: VX-1 weird charging?

I had this experience exactly 2 weeks ago - and I couldn't believe it as happening. As soon as I spotted it, I turned on the ignition, then removed the recharging power. I then turned off the ignition, waited a minute to settle then reapplied the charging voltage. Everything then worked as it should, and have not seen a reoccurrence - yet!

- Raymond

X Vectrix

If the gauge still reads "full" when the charger is plugged in it will terminate the charge. But, turning it on also reduces the gauge reading to account for self discharge. The second time you plug it in the gauge is not "full" so it continues to charge.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Did you look at the video? The gauge read 50% what you described is the normal termination of charge.

- Raymond

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

I can only assume this was some sort of bug as I let the Vectrix do a full charge until switch off which went without a hitch. I enjoyed my ride out yesterday, maxing out at 110km/h on the way back. I still have about two thirds of a charge so I shall hopefully be going for another ride today too.

I may even start commuting again next week if the weather holds up. :-)

X Vectrix

Ahhh, I didnt notice the link on "this". I seem to remember that being a bug having to do with the charger being in delay mode prior to turning it on. I think if you put the kill switch in the "on" position that stops happening. The motor controller and the charger are dukeing it out to see who will drive the display.

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Same thing happened to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI0rG9nGNvQ

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage