Where can i get my hands on the software / firmware for my vectrix .

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Portersend
Where can i get my hands on the software / firmware for my vectrix .

My first post as a new member and the reason for this is that i am desperate to get my hands on the software so that i can service my own vectrix without using the dealer and him charging me £240 , yes £240 for 5 minutes work, easy money is`nt it , so if there is anyone out there that can help it would be much apprieciated .

MCC Controls
MCC Controls's picture
Re: Where can i get my hands on the software / firmware for ...

Hi,

I assume you are in the UK!? I don't need you to tell me the name of the dealer but it should be 'Emission Free Solutions' Does that help?

Regards

Joe McCarthy, MCC Energy, Dublin, IRELAND

Portersend

You are right and i have asked them if i could buy a copy off his software but he declined so i am stuck for an alternative only if anybody on this forum can forward me a website address or just to point me in the right direction on how to get my hands on the vectrix software / firmware .

The Laird

Hello Portersend,

I am interested in exactly what you got for £240-00p.

Wonder what they might charge to re-write the software, might save me a lot of trouble?

Servicing the Vectrix. There isn't much to service. Brakes - pad wear /disk wear, condition and operation?

Nuts and bolts all correctly tightened down? Wheels and tyres, tyre pressures? Lights and indicators?

Come on here, the full story. What exactly did he do for his £240-00p?

Just Interested.

The Laird.

Portersend

The facts for me starting this debate is there is not enough vecrix dealers in the uk to bring the servicing costs down because the bulk off the costs is the travelling expense so in my view it would be cheaper surely to buy the exact hardware , software /firmware to what the dealer uses even vectrix europe has not replied to my e-mails regarding this matter .So make sure you live near the dealer to dramatically reduce the cost of a service or when you purchase the vectrix ask to see if the Hardware / Software comes with the bike because there is plenty off links on how to keep your bike running and as for me i have got 1399 more charges before i probably need another battery so in the meantime i will enjoy the bike until it croaks .

The Laird

Hi Portersend,

I really do love an optimist.

That 1499 more charges you are going to put the Vectrix through corresponds to around 42000 miles assuming 30 miles per charge and then you think that you may need a new battery?

Do you know something that we don't or are you trying to locate the curious amongst the many participants on this forum?

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and welcome to the 'club' of Vectrix enthusiasts (not sure that enthusiast is the right word here?) There are lots of interesting posts to read and lots to learn about. I wish you many happy hours of 'entertainment' and If you send me a personal message, I may be able to help you over the 'software issues' you raise.

Best wishes,

The Laird.

(Telling it like it is, as always?)

Portersend

Hi The Laird ,30 miles to a charge i wish ,1397 charges to go, the forum is very interesting yes , i would like to send you a personal message but i don`t know how . My email address is portersend [at] blueyonder.co.uk .
Regards

R
R's picture

Portersend, You should remove this email, or you'll receive thousands of spams. Spam robots scan internet continuously, looking for email addresses like this one.

Galago

Portersend, You should remove this email, or you'll receive thousands of spams. Spam robots scan internet continuously, looking for email addresses like this one.

maybe he likes to get emails.... 8-) after all, as The Laird points out, he is a Vectrix "enthusiast",,,

...sorry, I couldn't help myself....

Portersend

Thanks for all your concerns about me leaving my email address on this forum but i have tried to get it removed but i have not got a clue HOW .

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Ask "reikiman" Dave Herron for help :-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage