Intro: Hi, I'm new here, Medford, Oregon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
pcmandevon
Intro: Hi, I'm new here, Medford, Oregon

Hello, I just wanted to drop an introduction. My name is Devon and I'm from Medford, Oregon. I found your forum while researching the purchase of a 2009 Vectrix scooter a auto dealer in town is selling. The scooter in question has about 300 miles on it currently and they purchased it at auction. Still has the window sticker from the original dealer in California. After reading all the posts I'm wondering if this is a wise purchase, I don't really want to put another $4000 into the bike to change the batteries. My plan is just to ride it to work and back when the weather is nice, about a 10 mile round trip. Can anyone give me a little sage advice? I should be able to pick the bike up for about $3200. Thank you again for your help and advice. Devon

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Re: Intro: Hi, I'm new here, Medford, Oregon

Even if the capacity of the battery is 50% you should be able to make that trip.
But if the bike was in storage for so long and not taken care of properly you will need put some serious effort into getting the batteries back in to shape.
Another thing to understand is that this bike needs to be driven often to keep the batteries in good shape.
Check the software version on the bike before you buy it. Put the kill switch in the off position and then pull the left brake. If the left display starts showing a temperature value while the left brake is pulled the correct software is loaded.
Good luck with the decision.

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

pcmandevon

If it does not show the temp values then it does not have the correct software. However, how would I go about getting the correct software? Thank you for your help. Devon

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

Ask vectrix if there is a local dealer who could do this. You may want to find one close by for spares anyway.
You could install the software yourself but that requires a rather expensive cable and some guts. But if you go down that route you may as well install the much better firmware from The Laird (you can read all about his firmware and the special cable on this forum)

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Robert Curry

Check the vehicle to see if it will actually RUN!--If stored without periodic charging, the batteries may have discharged so low that it will not move, and the charger will FAIL to charge! (In such an instance, an external charger, providing a current-limited source of about 3 amperes at 150 volts D.C. can be used to cherge the battery.--Charge such a DEAD battery for about 5 or 6 hours at 3 amperes, then finish with the VECTRIX charger. (Longer charging is not advised with external charger, UNLESS provision for activating the cooling fans can be made, as the battery tends to heat up when nearing full charge.)

IBScootn

Read this:
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/11679-looking-vectrix-purchase-advice

I would just buy a lithium powered scooter from the beginning. But you prolly won't so I expect to hear lots of whining from you down the road regarding the Vx-1's special issues.

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bicycles: 2017 Sondors Thin
Cars: 2016 Leaf SV, 30KWH pack. 2007 CR-V
Solar array: 5KW. Cost per lifetime KWH produced $0.073
Bi

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76