Top box mount arrived!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JimmyB
Top box mount arrived!

After trying various places here in the US to get hold of a top box mount for my VX1 I managed to find one, in the correct 'Solar Red', from Emissions Free Solutions in the UK. I'm going to hold off fitting it until my top box arrives, and do them both at the same time (and wire up the LED brake light in the top box). I really wanted a Givi, maybe one of their briefcase-style ones, but they're $$$$. So instead I've ordered this:

http://www.bestemusa.com/Bestem-Quick-Release-T-Box-2012-Top-Box-Red_p_1036.html

It looks a bit cheap 'n' cheerful but for $80 I'm prepared to be forgiving. Now all I need is a right side mirror to replace my cracked one.

Other than that, I've now commuted three whole days on the Vectrix since passing my bike test on Friday 22nd, plus used it for a bunch of errands around town. Loving every minute of it! Range seems to be a fairly honest 30 miles of mixed urban stop-start riding.

Cheers!

Robert Curry
Re: Top box mount arrived!

Good to hear that you are "On the road!"--I will have to look in my VECTRIX spare parts collection, but I am fairly certain that I have the mirrors in stock! (I am also known as MARYLANDBOB, but somehow I ended up with TWO ID's on this site, and it automatically selected the Robert Curry ID!

CamasMatt
Re: Top box mount arrived!

I would be interested to hear feedback about the box you ordered. I am looking for one as well, and the price seems reasonable. Also curious to hear if it comes with a mounting bracket that might work with the V. Keep us posted!

CamasMatt

JimmyB
Re: Top box fitted!

The box arrived today from Amazon. Not too tricky to fit, in fact the Vectrix mount was far more fiddly than the top box.

The mounting plate for the box doesn't quite fit the Vectrix but all that's needed is to slightly elongate two of the mounting holes with a round file. Of course I couldn't find my round file so I went for it with a drill bit. Same result albeit not quite so neat, but you can't see the holes anyway.

I'm quite pleased with the overall result. The colour match isn't perfect but it's not bad. The fit and finish of the box looks fine, especially given the price. I'm not massively happy with where it sits, it looks too far back to my eyes, so perhaps I'll move it forward. And this thing is BIG - I'm sure I heard my Vectrix ask "does my arse look big in this?"

With apologies for the bad light, here's a few pics:

//farm8.staticflickr.com/7224/6920257502_74e0a3948b_c.jpg)

//farm6.staticflickr.com/5196/7066335627_9b9845d3ed_c.jpg)

//farm8.staticflickr.com/7097/6920256068_55a8870e74_c.jpg)

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage