A series of stupid questions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lionstrike
A series of stupid questions

Hello again. As the title would suggest, I have a series of stupid questions.

How does one check the battery cell temperature? I see that there are a number of commands capable of being issued to do certain diagnostic tests by holding this or the brake in a certain sequence, but I didn't see any such procedures during my research. I park at a place that's a bit of a walk to work, so waiting for the battery to cool down before charging isn't an option. I could wait a few minutes, but certainly not an hour, I'd be late for work for sure. I have the stock 2008 firmware I think, 62mph.

Next stupid question... it seems that a lot of folks are using a RS232-usb interface for some work, and I was wondering about that. Do things like this: http://gridconnect.com/usb-to-serial/wireless-serial/serial-to-wireless.html work as well? It would be cool if you could stick that in the glove compartment and do work over a wifi connection by any device you have handy.

I think that covers my ridiculous questions for now. Thanks for humoring me.

JimmyB
Re: A series of stupid questions

With the later (68mph) firmware you flick the kill-switch to 'off' and hold the left brake lever to see both voltage and battery temperature. You can also set a pre-charge delay with this firmware.

hth

JB

Lionstrike

Thanks for the response Jimmy. It seems to do something, but I am not sure what it's doing. Since I have a different firmware, it looks like the speedometer starts going to 40kph... and nothing gets displayed. It's almost like the folks at Vectrix were saying "we intend to put something here in the future" but nothing is here yet."

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

If nothing gets displayed in the trip and estimated range fields of the left dash display it means that you have the old firmware. This firmware is damaging your batteries!!
Either get the latest official firmware installed or install the custom firmware from this forum to protect your batteries from further damage.

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Lionstrike

Wow. Is it seriously draining the life out of my batteries that much?

And as far as this USB-Can cable... is the shielded one really required or is the standard one o.k.? The other one is like 70 dollars more.

Lionstrike

I really think that I am going to cave and buy that expensive as hell cable.

But I guess that I can't complain too much. Someone I know just bought a $500 iPad, used it a handful of times and barely uses the thing at all anymore. He has kind of an "oh, that's all it was" expression about him when he talks about it.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage