Used Vectrix NiMH pack for sale

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oatnet
Used Vectrix NiMH pack for sale

I replaced my Vectrix's factory NiMh pack with LiFePO4 a ways back, I had plans for the NiMh but haven't found the time, so I thought I'd blow it out here. I don't have a way to ship it, but for $500 you can come pick it up in SoCal USA.

When I removed the pack, range had suddenly dropped and the pack suddenly started heating up to 33c, so I believe at least one cell went bad. I originally planned on refurbishing the pack by locating and replacing the bad cell(s), or selling it off tray-by-tray, but I have been too busy.

The pack is completely assembled and intact, except for the temperature sensor harness which I used on my LiFe pack, so you get all of the power wiring, plastic trays, covers, bolts, etc. I am also throwing in a block of (4) spare cells that I had bought on ebay to use as replacements.

-JD

CO2
Re: Used Vectrix NiMH pack for sale

Very good price!
To bad, it's not in Europe!

R
R's picture

A real pitty it's not in Europe...

Caruso
Caruso's picture

I have just bought 1/3 of a pack from the USA. Shipping to the UK was $75.

Oatnet

Thanks for the kind words guys, I figured a super-low $500 pricetag would blow it out if there is anybody in need, nearby. Wish I could teleport it over to you guys in Europe 8^) to bad you aren't in SoCal.

Caruso, that is a great shipping price you got, but I don't ship batteries anymore, so I am looking for local pickup.

-JD

CO2

How much for 1/3?

Penguin

Hi, I own the italian version of XM5000li (namely Lukas-two GTS) but I am planning to buy a new Vectrix with the old technology battery on (nimh). My intention is to immediately convert it on LiFePo4 (better with the, so named, hybrid cells like those for sale in http://elionix.eu/SCHEDA%20TECNICA%20IBRIDE.htm). There are some guys here in Italy, dealing with this stuff.

Anyway, in that case, I would be left with a new nimh battery pack. Time ago, I saw on this site the advertisement for a used nimh battery package (some 5000km) for sale at 1100euros: thus, just in case, I would sell the new nimh pack as a whole or parts of it (the cost changing linearly).

I am trying to get infos on shipping costs.

PzlPete

Penguin, how many miles on your 5000li clone? And how do you like it? I have 11,000 miles on my 4000li and it has been a trouble free dream.

Penguin

I have been running 5800km in the past one and half year (I bought it new). Frankly speaking I never experienced a serious problem on it and I know why: there is a BSM (devised and installed by the seller) balancing the 21 LiFePo4 60Ah Thunder-Sky cells; it controls the charger (and not viceversa) by enabling/disabling it to alternate balancing and charge pumping at its best. Finally the charger is fit to pump 12A current at 84V, but there is a switch on it to reduce the maximum voltage (I was told to set it on 79V): that prevents overcharging and saves the battery pack. After one and half year the starting battery-pack voltage is always set on 71V-72V every morning (after the recharging overnight): no stress.

Moreover the 5kW (peak) power hub motor actually works at 1.8kW in a continuous service; since the motor rated voltage is 60V, it turns out that the continuous service current is set on 30A and, therefore, the battery-pack (60Ah) is discharged at 0.5C, which is actually the best discharging figure, according to the official technical specs for that model.

I miss a service manual (apart the "skinning XM5000li" tutotial of this forum): it is nothing but a suzuki UC125 (epicuro), but there is no way to get that manual.

Oatnet

Amazed I still have this pack - when I went searching for used NiMh packs for the Vectrix, I couldn't find anything under $1,200. Now I am trying to give these cells away for a fraction of the price.

I have it listed on ebay right now, available in Los Angeles area for pick up as I cannot ship it. No need to wait for the auction to end, the first $325 cash gets it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140890991032?item=140890991032

-JD

jamesengland

I notice that these packs aren't selling well here in Europe. I suspect that people are just saving the money they would spend on a used NiMH pack of spares and waiting to convert to lithium.

I considered buying some used NiMH cells recently and posted here, asking about the best way to store them until I needed them. Then, on reflection, I wondered whether it owuld be worth spending on spare cells, storing them until needed, maybe finding they don't work, the aggro of fitting them etc. Also, the possibility of having to do the replacement job again and again as cells malfunction. I reckon it probably is better saving the money and time and just doing the lithium conversion. I suspect a lot of other people maybe think the same way and that's why these used packs aren't being snapped up

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage