XB-600 Electrical Issue

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
quietride
XB-600 Electrical Issue

Model: XB-600, Power: 60 volts=5x12 volts ), Charger: Teking 60v., Shunt Mod.: Yes

I saw this site before I bought my bike used three weeks ago, but I didn't think that I would get here this fast!

I am struggling with a problem in the electrical system. I left the charger on for 36 hours (shuts off when batteries are charged). I suspected a problem when I only saw one red light on the charger—should have been green. When I went to turn the ignition switch on there was a popping sound (I assume the 30a fuse) and then nothing.
I replace the fuse and as I was connecting the last battery, the connection sparked and I blew a second fuse. I measured the impedance across the charger plug on the bike with the battery disconnected. It measured 0 ohms. I see no evidence of burned/grounded power wires, indicating that the controller power impedance is 0. I would have expected it to be infinite because the ignition was off. Does this indicate a fried controller? I haven’t disassembled the controller to find out, but that seems like the next step.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

quietride
Re: XB-600 Electrical Issue

Just for the record, I think that I blew out one of the capacitors. I replaced the unit with a controller from Keywin. Now on the road again.

Heman B.

most likely your controller isn't made to run on 60V, and the capacitor blew.

mf70

I hope the seller emphasized that this was a scoot with an experimental mod with its voltage boosted 25%.

In any case, it looks like he found the right buyer! Just watch the head tube steering bearings, and the connector plugs.

Thanks for updating with your outcome.

Mark

Heman B.

Take out battery, measure it.
I've read similar problems possibly due to a capacitor in the controller blowing, but not saying that this is the problem.

If your battery has no BMS, it could be a cascade failure of the cells (once cell fails, the battery voltage lowers. The charger thinks the battery needs to be charged more, overcharging the other cells. They also break down, until finally there are too few cells left for the charger to determine the right voltage.

If you have a BMS, there should not be this kind of problem.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage