Brush replacements for the BD36?

1 post / 0 new
Electric Cyclist
Brush replacements for the BD36?

Does anyone know where I can get brush replacements for the BD36? I ordered a set of three a while back, but now the site I ordered them from werelectrified.com no longer exists and I can't seem to find them anywhere else. I'm down to my last set of spare brushes after just replacing a set... 6400 hours to go before I need new ones.

I ordered the 26" front wheel kit about three years ago now and have been using it ever since, through the rain, snow, or torrents of weather I probably shouldn't have been riding through, it is my only mode of travel now. As the kit has lasted me three years, it is actually on it's second bike. I gave up the 10 geared mountain bike and I'm currently using an old black Huffy cruiser with green fenders, and am just running the standard 36v(3x12v)sealed lead battery pack. I do use a 20" mag tire in the rear of the 26" bike as I have found that it does a great many things to the performance of the bike, including lowering the center of gravity of the batteries over the back tire, giving it a more stability and a tighter stance when making quicker turns. The smaller 20" tire in the back is not only lighter it also creates a lot less drag versus momentum and since I usually only really pedal from a start the smaller diameter tire helps me get the bike going quicker with less effort, it is also very highly durable in comparison with a 26" back tire - which I had replaced and repaired multiple times before getting the 20" rear mag tire. While it may look funny it gives the bike a 4mph greater speed difference overall. With just the standard BD36 kit I've traveled well over 3,000+ miles with recycling the batteries completely only once during the three years I've ridden it (though at the end they would barely push the bike more than 3 miles) and routinely am capable of doing 20+ mph on a flat surface with no wind while my average speed for my 8 mile commute to and from work is 14mph of in town travel. While the bike is limited on range, somewhere between 13-15 miles, the small urban town that I live in is no greater than 10 miles in circumference, so the bike does enough to make travel completely sustainable.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage