XM-3000 Lights suddenly not working

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jackfiasco
XM-3000 Lights suddenly not working

Hey everyone, I have a 2009 XM-3000 that I purchased new years ago but just got running recently (it had a loose connection somewhere and never originally ran, then I paid someone to go over all the connections on it recently and they got it working). I've driven it about 30 miles and all of a sudden the headlights, turn signals, brake lights, and horn all do not work. The guy that fixed it said he thought it was due to having a low charge - but after charging it fully they still don't work. The motor works fine and the bike drives great otherwise. I checked the fuses under the floorboard and they are both fine. Not sure what to check next, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Spaceangel
Re: XM-3000 Lights suddenly not working

I think I am having the same problem as you. My DC-DC converter was giving out and then nothing. I went thru a half dozen converters too. Good fuses and I even tried using a small Lithium battery on common and 12 volt side. That worked for a while a very short while. I found hooking wires on headlight circuit to 12 volt battery will give me lights up front still nothing in rear. I got tired of looking and have headlights only now. Also since the 12volt circuit is not going to kick stand switch, my scooter works now with kick stand down. I am going to rewire it some day but some lights is OK for now. I wired up headlights to give BOTH beams on for low and BOTH beams for high instead of the one headlight on low and two lights for high. Both light have a dual element bulb so I use them both now. The colors are not same through out the scooter. I have a small Lithium battery in my tour pack on luggage rack that last me all day easy. My lights are brighter on battery vs DC-DC converter. I think the break is in the fork turning wires. Also removing front plastic cover is hard. If I put back DC-DC it will be in tour pack and not under floor board. PS I sanded off eXtreme scooter decal on rear and front decal too. Cops don't ever stop me so I am slow to fix it any better. Here in Taxachusetts it is non license vehicle not DOT. Plus I keep speed below 55 feet per second. Speedo is whacked? I used new 14 AWG wires to go up front now.

KB1UKU

LeftieBiker

Check the main 12 volt fuse down in the front of the body. If it isn't blown, don't stop yet: take it out and make sure the contacts are very clean and solid. I had the DC/DC converter replaced in mine, only to find it was the bloody fuse.

jackfiasco

Could you tell me a bit more specifically where that fuse is? also would the motor run if that fuse was blown or disconnected?

thanks

LeftieBiker

IIRC the fuse is for the 12 volt system only. I remember being able to ride the scooter, but all the lights, etc were dead. It's down in front of the body, under the front of the seat but by the floor. I'm afraid I don't remember any more specifics.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage