FOR SALE - 2007 VX-1 Li-ion Vectrix

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
FOR SALE - 2007 VX-1 Li-ion Vectrix

I hate to do it, but I just can't keep two electric bikes in the garage.

I got a new Zero in January and my Vectrix has been babied, garaged, and ridden occasionally, but mostly it's just sitting... and waiting.

Details:

• Color: Blue
  • Miles: 13,000
  • Tires: Brand new
  • Original key chain and owner's manual included
  • Batteries: 50AH Li-ion conversion(1 year old)
  • Range: 50 miles Freeway, 75 miles City
  • Gauge: Cycle Analyst
  • Charge time: 5 hours (from empty)

I have over $13,000 invested in this sweet toy - but I have no illusions of selling it for that.

I'm hoping to retrieve just half of my investment, so I'm asking $6,500 - compare this to a brand-new Vectrix Li+ ($14,000), which only has a 42AH battery pack - you can't beat this deal.

100_1231.JPG

yamez4u
Re: FOR SALE - 2007 VX-1 Li-ion Vectrix

A few questions, Where do you live? How does the range bars work after the conversion? I am guessing the Zero rocks? Things you like about it compared to the Vectrix?

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Re: FOR SALE - 2007 VX-1 Li-ion Vectrix

I live in Stockton, CA, just south of Sacramento.

The original fuel gauge doesn't work with the new batteries, but that is what the Cycle Analyst gauge is for (it continuously displays remaining Amp-Hours available). I actually have the firmware to activate the original fuel gauge (thanks to The Laird), but I haven't installed it (there is some risk in changing the firmware). The bike will include the firmware and the CANBUS cable needed to install it.

As far as a comparison between the Zero and Vectrix - the most obvious is the motorcycle vs. the scooter design. Although I think the Vectrix is beautiful - I still prefer the looks of a "regular" motorcycle. The battery pack of the Vectrix is 5.7 kWh vs. 9 kWh in the Zero, so the range is a bit better on the Zero (ironically the Zero range is not much more than the Vectrix - which I think is due to the aerodynamic design of the Vectrix). The top speed of the Zero is about 85 MPH, while the Vectrix is limited to 68 MPH. The Vectrix has the advantage in comfort, storage capacity and charging (12A vs. 7.5A on the Zero). Even with the optional "high-speed" off-board charger the Zero charges only at 15A.

If I had room in my garage I would keep both bikes! But, as my wife keeps cheerfully reminding me, I can't have everything I want...

Anyone that is interested is welcome to come by and test-ride it, just send me a PM.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage