Try to buy a charger for my EVD electric scooter

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
waynedavies
Try to buy a charger for my EVD electric scooter

Three years ago I bought an EVD electric scooter from R Martin.

My battery charger is no longer working, and unfortunately R Martin no longer deal with these scooters.

Does anyone know where I can purchase an appropriate charger?

Spaceangel
Re: Try to buy a charger for my EVD electric scooter

Most chargers are about the same on scooters. There are a number of choices and I like TNC scooters for service and the price but also like some of the super fast chargers from direct CHINA. Rather expensive though. First what type of charging port? Most are IEC C13 type and others are microphone connectors, second how many volts is scoot? How many Ampere hours AH? And most of all would you want to think of changing charging port to a sort of industry standard of an Anderson power pole or SB series? My 60 volt pack gets charged in two hours with a Model KP6015C 240 / 120 VOLT version charger. I keep a spare yellow 60 volt TNC brand charger under the seat as a spare. Sometimes I charge at 40 to 50 amperes for a few minutes to a half hour so if you watch charging voltage and current it won't hurt once in a while. At least for charging you have tons of options. Now the reason I went with a 240 volt / 120 volt is sometimes I go to the Library and charge there with my Coulomb card. J-1772 EVSE. Maybe check for a chargers on eBay also for rarely do they have deals but they can be found there too. Common voltages are 48 volt Pb, 60 volt Pb, 72 volt Pb, and now becoming common are the Lithium pack usually 48 and 60 volt packs. Pb is a lot more forgiving for massive charge currents. I blew up a yellow Thunder Sky Lithium cell and it bit me hard in the wallet. If you know what I mean.

KB1UKU

waynedavies

Thank you for your quick reply!

You are correct in that the charging port is the IEC C13 type.

The battery is 12v/50Ah.

I would think about changing the port if it was easy to do ... but I am not really mechanically minded!

I don't really mind if I have to try though... the main thing for me is to get back up and running as soon as I can!

Thanks again for your advice/help.

:) Wayne

Spaceangel

Wayne
Carefully measure IEC plug on EVD R Martin scooter. Make sure Polarity is marked since you are not a techy person. Positive is going to be one of the outside terminals. Color it red with Mabeline or some Nail polish. You might have to cheat and use a base coat of white. Do the same with Negative which again will be an outside pin. Maybe use white polish for Negative. The center pin is not used. Order a 60 volt Gel Cell charger of the brand and style you want. Again when you get the new 60 volt charger measure IEC plug on charger to make sure it matches EVD. The more amperes it has, the faster it can charge. A charger of the 2 or 3 amp range will charge your pack in a day or two. Where as a 15 amp charger will get it up to snuff in about three hours.
I have a number of chargers but this one ~ http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_78&product_id=96 , is in my trunk and the model KP6015C, 15 amp charger is in my truck for fast charging at Coulomb station. If you have access to 240 volt right now there is a Made in China and sold in China charger on eBay right nor but it is only 240 volts and 1 amp for a 60 volt scooter. Number ~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-60-Volt-Battery-Charger-for-Electric-Scooter-Bike-/120786066123?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&has... and of course specs are : Specifications:
Input: AC220V, 50Hz
Output current: DC2.5A
Compatibility: 60V, 20AH batteries
Plug type: 2 flat pin (don't worry if this doesn't fit the sockets in your country as we'll send you a FREE plug adapter)
Dimensions: 157 x 100 x 64mm
Brand new and boxed
Give your electric scooter or bike a boost with this brand new 60V battery charger!
Please note the the colour and shape of the charger may differ from that shown but the specifications will always be the same. Feel free to call me any time. I also have that one but even though it say 50 Hz it works fine on 60 Hz too. Don't slip with meter leads when measuring voltages on EVD scooter.
It will charge your pack but slower since it is a C/10 charger and you want to charge at a rate of C/5 to C/2. I believe your pack is really a 32 AH pack even though it is sold as 50 AH. Most scooters use a Gel Cell U-1 battery pack. rg

KB1UKU

jacques01
jacques01's picture

I agree that most of all scooters have same chargers. Hoping till now you got a suitable answer for your query if not then you may also consider for new charger.

Eric Lin

Hi,
For this ,We are Specializing in the production of charger manufacturers for 5years in China,
This is our websit:www.jneshine.cn
We can Oem a battery charger to you make sure can used for you ,
Please contact me at :c_shine [at] foxmail.com
Regards,

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation