Advantages of Reverting to Original Controller Software?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
martinwinlow
Advantages of Reverting to Original Controller Software?

Hi,

I am given to understand that the original Vectrix software, whilst limiting top speed to 60mph, also had somewhat better acceleration than the later, dealer installed, 'upgrade'.

I would be interested if anyone has any input on reverting my controller software version to the original version to give me better acceleration (particularly from standstill) which I would like even if it means having a lower top speed.

Of course, it would be nice to have both!

I guess I should be considering replacing the main fuse first?

MW

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Advantages of Reverting to Original Controller Software?

From all I've read and my own personal experience, the original software was the most destructive software for battery life (and could possibly be the culprit for why so many fuses blew in the first place). For me personally, accelleration would not get priority over battery longevity.

I believe the later versions tried to reduce the hot battery issues by gradually reducing top speed a lot early in the range, and incorporating timed delay options for charging, but even that was primal compared to Laird's "always cool" software. Laird's software does not have jackrabit take off power, but she'll still move out faster than most automobiles from a stop light, and it's actually BETTER for the bike to plug her in as soon and as often as you stop.

The original software offered the fastest charge time and the stongest accelleration...at the cost of a short battery life.

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Re: Advantages of Reverting to Original Controller Software?

"with great power comes great responsability" would be a way to describe the risk of the older MC software. The older (1014) version has a little more oomph but it also allows you to run very low voltages on the battery. This means that an unaware driver could actually do a lot of damage by using this nice oomph at nearly empty battery.

The main fuse should be 200amps just like with the normal software. If yours is still 125ams replacement would be best.

I would advice you to send a PM to The Laird. He is the best person to advice you and he has the best knowledge on how to install firmware and use the vectrix software.

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage