Mileage

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jamesengland
Mileage

I know it's not exactly a exact science when assessing mileage per charge. ut, having said that..... I'd be very interested to know what people are getting from their lithium batteries and nimh batteries. You know, a general indication of what sort of speed and how many miles or kilometres on a full charge.

I find that, in a flat county, doing 30-50mph through towns and countryside, with no headwind and no ills, I'm getting about 20 miles from a full charge on my nimh batteries. Do people this is reasonable? I weight 13 stone.

I find the vectrix immensely useful, even with a twenty mile range. Conversion to lithium is clearly expensive and I'm wondering just how significantly increased the range would be on my bike, under my riding conditions.

So, if people were willing to post here, it would be useful. An idea of the terrain, rider weight, battery type and range would give some anecdotal evidence for me to ponder!

sparker
Re: Mileage

On my daily commute with a few hills, though mostly flat, I get around 35 miles averaging 30-40mph. If I charge from the red light and ride straight away until the red light I can get 40 at a push. I'm 6 foot and 15 stone and have a nimh VX-1. It's an 08 model that I've had from new. The battery pack was replaced after around 500 miles due to overheating. Since then I've had extremely consistent range and my only problem has been a temp sensor that had to be replaced because it was susceptible to the wet weather. Range does drop off by a few miles in very cold weather, though.

ofx210p
Re: Mileage

Gentle riding around town about 35km (NOT MILES) pack has done 29,000km
Motorway flat out around 15km plus 10km of gentle riding

Tend not to allow it to get into the red zone if i can help it

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07