How to override faulty temperature sensor / flashing battery and temp lights

1 post / 0 new
HubCap
How to override faulty temperature sensor / flashing battery and temp lights

I have been experiencing a problem with flashing battery and temperature warning lights, which causes my Vextrix NiMH to refuse to charge, even when the bike has been un-used in subzero Celsius for days. This usually only happens when it is humid (which here in the UK has been the case since last spring due to constant rain). I have tried sealing the connector and the temp sensor itself as suggested on this forum, but the problem still exists. Eventually I will install The Lairds software which, I have read, solves the problem.
In the meantime however, I chanced upon a simple workaround which may be of help to other owners with this problem:

Symptoms: Vectrix refuses to charge when displaying flashing battery and temperature lights - speedometer needle goes round, fans come on for, somewhere around 10 - 20 seconds, then the charger turns itself off.
Cure:1: Switch off the red kill switch on right hand handlebar / throttle. 2: Switch on ignition key. Dashboard lights up but with no flashing battery / temperature lights. 3: Switch mains switch to charger lead off and then on again while ignition is still switched on. 4: Switch off ignition. 5: Charging starts as normal.
This has worked 5 times in a row for me.
Hope this is helpful
Hubcap

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage