Goodbye and thank you

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jamesengland
Goodbye and thank you

Hi Folks

I sold my Vectrix this week and it was collected today. I've had a lot of fun with the bike but reluctantly decided to sell. I've always been bothered about a serious electrical problem, especially the motor controller board failing. They are just so expensive to replace that, if mine had failed, I would not have repaired the bike. Even failure of the on-board charger isn't cheap to repair and would not be cost-effective for me on a NiMh batteried bike. So...that, and having repairs to do on my kitchen meant that something had to go, so I'm sorry to say that the Vectrix was it.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and,learning and trying to contribute too. I didn't want to just disappear without saying thank you. All the best with the bikes, folks, and keep safe.

Best regards

James England

LCJUTILA
Re: Goodbye and thank you

Hi James,

Best of luck with the kitchen remodel!

You can always buy a newer and better electric bike later, especially now that you know they work.

LCJUTILA

Scotter
Scotter's picture

Hey James,
If you get this, I want to wish you farewell. I've often thought some kind of aftermarket retro-fit, open source, solution for the older scooters would be a "good thing".

The fuses I sold you should have just recently arrived at your location (sorry it took 3 attempts to get them to you!). If you didn't pass them along to the new owner, then you are welcome to return them for a full refund. Return shipping to the USA should be less than $10USD via Royal Post -> US Postal Service. PM me if you want to go that route.

Godspeed, James-in-England!

--Scotter

--Scotter and his scooter
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Maroon
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Blue
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
Other EV projects in the works

R
R's picture

Goodbye James, it's been a great pleasure.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage