New Accessories

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
New Accessories

Looks like the new Vectrix page has some new accessories. I knew about the windshields and the lower seat and the top case adapter, but now they have a Hard Shell Top Case and a Higher Seat in the list of accessories.

No contact info and I don't have a dealer near me that carries any accessories. Anyone know what the top case looks like and is the higher seat just the regular seat my bike came with or is it finally one I can get comfortable on?

-Randy

Aircon
Re: New Accessories

Looks like the new Vectrix page has some new accessories. I knew about the windshields and the lower seat and the top case adapter, but now they have a Hard Shell Top Case and a Higher Seat in the list of accessories.

No contact info and I don't have a dealer near me that carries any accessories. Anyone know what the top case looks like and is the higher seat just the regular seat my bike came with or is it finally one I can get comfortable on?

-Randy

Link?

moccasin
moccasin's picture

If anyone is interested in a used Winter shield or low profile seat, I'll sell either one or both for $70 each plus shipping (USA sales only, as shipping overseas would be cost prohibitive).

Email me if interested at mocc [at] moccsplace.com

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

Hi,
I found only a short coment in a PDF on the Homepage.

Greetings Mike

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

Hi,
I found only a short coment in a PDF on the Homepage.

Greetings Mike

israndy
israndy's picture

Sorry, below the picture of the bike on this page: http://www.vectrix.com/content.cfm?n=products-vx1-inner#page=page-2

-Randy

R
R's picture

The old standard windshield has been replaced with the sport version. Now the vectrix looks better.

The secs in that page caught my eye:
RangeĀ¹
Li 30Ah Up to 96 km, 60 miles
Li+42Ah Up to 136 km, 85 miles
It is quite astonishing that our 30Ah of NImh barely manage to get 45-55 km. And Vectrix claims 95 km With 30Ah Li technology?
Are these numbers real? Anybody has tested real range?

I guess vectrix bought a large bunch of NIMH cells in 2006 to supply the expected production of 35.000 scooters in one year, but the sold only 2.000. If vectrix never bought more cells since then, all Nimh cells are now 7 years old.

Aircon

The old standard windshield has been replaced with the sport version. Now the vectrix looks better.

The secs in that page caught my eye:
RangeĀ¹
Li 30Ah Up to 96 km, 60 miles
Li+42Ah Up to 136 km, 85 miles
It is quite astonishing that our 30Ah of NImh barely manage to get 45-55 km. And Vectrix claims 95 km With 30Ah Li technology?
Are these numbers real? Anybody has tested real range?

My 60Ah gets me 140km+ without trying to be 'economical' including some 80kph work, too. The least I've got is 105km, but that was riding two up through the hills at mostly 80kph.

So, 30Ah and 96km on an economy run is probably doable. Especially if they do the testing at a constant speed.

antiscab

I've had as low as 80km using 50Ah (slightly more than 80% of my 60Ah cells)

That was 115kmh continuous the whole way with ambient temp at 2 deg C and a bit of a head wind

96km out of 30Ah (of which not all will be usable) is doable under good conditions (low speed, high temperatures), but not recommended unless your commute is less than 60km to allow margin for days with poor condition, and capacity loss over time.

the 96km range rating of the original nimh vectrix was for 40kmh continuous (there they also assumed using the full 30Ah capacity)

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Paco

My Li+ gives me a reliable 115 km of range with mainly urban and sub-urban commutes, generally including 15 km or so at 95 km/h. But I am so used to it that my driving is really economical without effort from my part.
About new accessories, I was wondering about the sport windshield which is now apparently standard : is it good or bad for range ? The original Vectrix has been thoroughly tested in a wind tunnel to get a better range at high speeds. Standard windshield protects more body and head of the driver from wind. Though sport windshield is said to "reduce drag" on Vectrix's website...
So what do you think ? Is sport windshield now standard just because it looks cool or because it gives better range ?

LeftieBiker

Most likely the standard windshield provides a good drag coefficient if you are riding upride, and the Sport windshield provides a better one if you scrunch down behind it, with a worse one if you choose to ride upright. That's how these things generally work, anyway...

R
R's picture

So what do you think ? Is sport windshield now standard just because it looks cool or because it gives better range ?

Or because it's cheaper... jeje.
Paco

Probably, yes ;-)

moccasin
moccasin's picture

I made my own "sport shield" once out of an old motorcycle shield that I had laying around the shop. Rode it 6 miles and tossed it in the trash can, and bought myself a Winter shield for the remainder of my ownership of the bike.

If you wear a full face helmet, pretty much anything goes, but if you are an open face rider or halfsie, that wind over that low shield will beat your sunglasses off your face! HAHA!! My best combo for smooth air was my low profile seat and high windsheild. That got me well below the rough and tumble air off the top of the shield.

I thought the bike would look better with a shortened sheild, and in my opinion, it did, but looks only works for you until you start moving, then function and comfort move immediately to the forefront.

tigger19687

I vote for a full shield.
I had one on my "85 Shadow 1100 and loved it. I could wear any helmet and never had any issues.
When I got my "04 Shadow 1100 it had no shield and I really missed it !

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage