GP30EVLF, GP45EVLF Lithium Ion Vectrix Cells Available, US Location

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
linuxpenguin
GP30EVLF, GP45EVLF Lithium Ion Vectrix Cells Available, US Location

Hi Guys,

I have GP30EVLF (LiFEPO4 lithium), GP45EVLF (LiFEPO4 lithium) cells available if anyone is interested. These are the same cells used by Vectrix in the newer lithium ion based products and are very difficult to get a hold of here in the US. These cells can also be used to convert existing an existing NiMH based Vectrix to lithium power.

Here are the datasheets for the different cells (straight from EBTech, a division of Gold-Peak, which manufactures all the batteries for Vectrix):

30Ahr: http://www.evbtech.com/downloads/datasheet/ERS1011%20Rev03%20GP30EVLF%20-%200813.pdf
45Ahr: http://www.evbtech.com/downloads/datasheet/ERS1201%20Rev04%20GP45EVLF%20-%200813.pdf

Things of note: these cells have an impressive 5C continuous discharge rating (which is actually real, whereas many other battery manufacturers grossly inflate the specifications in their datasheets). This makes the cell ideal for high discharge and performance applications.

45 Ahr Pack Details
Available cell quantity: 80 (grouped in cells of 10)
Total cycles on pack: 10 cycles
Pack history: Pack was briefly installed in a prototype hybrid vehicle for testing but was removed shortly after when the vehicle project was shut down. All cycles put on the pack were with a proper BMS installed and all manufacturer specifications were respected.

**NOTE: If anyone has a Prius that they are interested in converting to a plugin hybrid with these cells, I do have the mounting brackets and sheet-metal enclosure you would need to use these cells for such a conversion. Please inquire if anyone is interested in this.**

30 Ahr Pack Details:
Available cell quantity: 78 (grouped in cells of 10)
Total cycles on pack: ~250 cycles
Pack history: Pack has been installed in a prototype hybrid vehicle for approximately 1 year. The pack has reduced capacity from it's original 30Ahr capacity however it does still hold approximately 25Ahr capacity.

**NOTE: If anyone has a Prius that they are interested in converting to a plugin hybrid with these cells, I do have the mounting brackets and sheet-metal enclosure you would need to use these cells for such a conversion. Please inquire if anyone is interested in this.**

Pictures of the cells are available.

Please send me a message if you are interested in either pack.

Buyer is responsible for shipping charges. Local pickup is available, packs are located just outside Chicago, Illinois.

Thanks!

Seiermann
Re: GP30EVLF, GP45EVLF Lithium Ion Vectrix Cells Available, ...

And how much is one pack (10 pc.) of the 30Ahs?
thx.

linuxpenguin

I've lowered my asking price for these cells (please inquire if interested).

Battery management options and cold weather battery warmer options are also available. Sheet metal enclosure for either pack is available.

Offers welcome.

Thanks!

ofx210p

You might want to make it commonly known the pricing so people can make an informed decision before getting in touch.

Sadly i'm not in the US so its pointless for me to ask.

But if i'm wondering - then many others probably are too

Good luck with selling

Cheers

Chris

linuxpenguin

You might want to make it commonly known the pricing so people can make an informed decision before getting in touch.

Sadly i'm not in the US so its pointless for me to ask.

But if i'm wondering - then many others probably are too

Good luck with selling

Cheers

Chris

Good point.

For the 45Ahr Li-Ion cells (the ones that have only a few cycles on them) I'm asking $435 for each module of 10 cells (that's less than $0.30 a watt hour, better than any price you'll find on new li-ion cells and these are the real OEM cells used by Vectrix).

For the 30Ahr Li-Ion cells (the ones that have about 250 cycles on them) I'm asking $175 for each module of 10 cells (that's less than $0.18 a watt hour).

Both the 45Ahr and 30Ahr cells come in modules of 10 cells each. Both modules are the same width and length, the only difference is the height (with the 45s obviously being taller).

Shipping charges are extra--I can run a shipping quote if anyone is interested. Local pickup is certainly welcome (and much cheaper)--batteries located just outside Chicago, IL.

45ahr.jpg

linuxpenguin

Any other interest in either of these cells?

They can be shipped to continental US addresses via LTL freight fairly cheaply. Happy to run a freight quote for anyone interested, just send me a message.

If not for a Vectrix, the cells would make a great energy storage battery pack for a solar or wind installation or battery backup system.

Send message if interested.

linuxpenguin

**UPDATED**

5 of the 8 modules have sold.

I now have 3 modules (30 cells total) of the GP45EVLF cells available.

These could be used to make a 45Ahr 96v battery pack, or they could be easily reconfigured to be a 90Ahr 48v battery pack (or some other creative combination therein).

These would be perfect for a stationary energy storage application (solar, wind, UPS, etc) or other mobile applications.

I have several BMS options available for these cells if anyone is interested as well as cold weather battery warmer options.

Please let me know if anyone is interested or has any questions.

linuxpenguin

**UPDATE**

All of the 45Ahr cells are now sold.

Any interest in the 30Ahr cells? $17.50 per cell is a great deal.

Also if anyone is interested in a good price on a BMS for a lithium ion Vectrix conversion let me know.

Thanks!
Andrew

Seiermann

Hi Andrew,
I´m still interested on a pack of ten cells. Maybe you can find a shipping method that won´t go over my "highest bid" as I wrote you in a PM before ?
Pls. let me know if there´s any possibility for a shipment to germany.
Greets
Seiermann

linuxpenguin

Hi Andrew,
I´m still interested on a pack of ten cells. Maybe you can find a shipping method that won´t go over my "highest bid" as I wrote you in a PM before ?
Pls. let me know if there´s any possibility for a shipment to germany.
Greets
Seiermann

Sadly shipping is going to be astronomical to Germany from the US since the cells would have to go via HAZMAT air (all kinds of extra handling and safety fees apply). I'm pretty sure shipping alone is going to exceed your highest bid. You are welcome to arrange your own shipping pickup though if you can find something more affordable--I'm still willing to sell the module at the quoted price.

Anyone here in the US interested? Shipping to continental US is pretty cheap.

Please inquire if interested.

linuxpenguin

**UPDATE**

Thanks guys, all cells (both the 45Ahr and 30Ahr cells) are now SOLD

R
R's picture

Hi, Do you still the contact of the person who sold you the cells?
My brother's Li Vectrix have only a single crap cell, maybe it is worth replacing that cell.

linuxpenguin

Unfortunately no, the cells are no longer available from where I got them (the company went out of business--I'm not aware of any place to buy them now besides perhaps straight from EVBTech).

Good luck!

R
R's picture

thank you!!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage