Davinci Euro hi/low power switch question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Doccus
Doccus's picture
Davinci Euro hi/low power switch question

Hello. Finally junked my Kaishan (although saved the battery as it is new, to maybe sell later). I replaced it with an year old Davinci Euro, whih is a much better e-Bike, but it seems it has a hi-lo power switch same as the other bike. Only one setting works though.. the "0".. The "I":, which is the flip-up setting, cuts all power to the bike. Clearly the shop has no idea as they spent a whole day trying to fix the bike before discovering the switch.. so I ask here.. Which is the "high power" setting.. the "0" or the "I" I don't know it it increases torque or just cuts power to the motor, since it only works in the downward "0" setting. Anyone know?
Secondly, anyonbe know where to get some manuals for this bike? I have heard on one website that Davinci is a Japanese make, not Chinese (Phew!)
Lastly, I need way more range and power than the lead acid batteries can provide, I have heard good things about Lithium replacements, but don't know much about them. Anyone have any experience with them? Apparently they are expensive. Worth it?
Anyone have any other experience with the Davinci Euro? So far, to me, it feels like a good solid, and somewhat spry bike. Irt's acceleration isn't great if the juice is down even a bit, but it seems to not be electronically limited in top speed either..which is a pleasant surprise.
compatible
Also, anyone want an almost new Kaishan/Gio 48V lead acid battery? Cost me $400, and the motor died soon after, so it didn't get much wear...
Cheers!

Doccus
Doccus's picture
Re: Davinci Euro hi/low power switch question

I didn't mean to triple post.. The stupid page froze and gave me a message "page does not exist", or "unable to find page" 3 times in a row. Yet somehow it posted it anyways, despite saying that it had not. I have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE even though I have ultra high speed internet since I've apparently been hacked by the government for being pro human rights. It often takes up to 10 minutes to load a web page. On a mac. Sorry about that,. Not my fault.. If admin could remove the dupes I'd appreciate it. Welcome to Big Brother 2.0.. ;-(

Derby
Derby's picture
Re: Davinci Euro hi/low power switch question

it seems it has a hi-lo power switch same as the other bike. Only one setting works though.. the "0".. The "I":, which is the flip-up setting, cuts all power to the bike. Clearly the shop has no idea as they spent a whole day trying to fix the bike before discovering the switch.. so I ask here.. Which is the "high power" setting.. the "0" or the "I" I don't know it it increases torque or just cuts power to the motor, since it only works in the downward "0" setting. Anyone know?

A '0'/'1' switch sounds more like a power on/off switch than a hi-lo switch. Except it would appear to have been wired backwards if '1' cuts power as that would normally be ON. Just guessing.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage