Gold Peak pulls the plug?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Magendanz
Magendanz's picture
Gold Peak pulls the plug?

Vectrix closed the book on (almost all of) us today laying off all but a very few. A really great product mismanaged again for the second time around. In this case our parent company "pulled the plug" on us just months before the launch of our next great bike.

I just saw this post on Dana DeCosta's Facebook wall, and it doesn't bode well. Has anyone else heard any more details?

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Gold Peak pulls the plug?

I found this "unpublished" post from a newly registered member: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/13581-nimh-cells-barcelona#comment-70710

Sounds like it is related, so I "published" it. For some reason it was "unpublished" to most readers, probably because it was Victors first post and the software thought he might be a bot.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Todd

Admittedly I have not been keeping up on the new Vectrix Co but in a way it does not surprise me. The reason I say that is Vectrix burned there dealer network when they went under. First time around there were dealerships all over the country. This time there are much fewer and far between. The dealership here in Houston from the old Vectrix is a Big Harley Davidson dealership and they would not touch Vectrix again. Kind of hard to get past that kind of publicity.

In addition it is difficult to get any service from the new Vectrix.

No Sales + no Service = no revenue.

This in no way applies to what I think of the VX-1. I love my bike.

But its been several years and I have difficulty seeing this being profitable for them any time soon they way they are going.

R
R's picture

If only Tesla had bought Vectrix...

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

The other factor is that the electric scooter market is about to get much more competitive with entries like the BMW C Evolution. The specs on this are very similar to the Vectrix VX-1, and you don't have to perpetually worry about access to service and parts.

VectrixOfficial

Dear all,

Dana and some other employees were laid off and I cannot get into the details of why that was. No one has "pulled the plug" on Vectrix and we continue to operate as before. Any re-organisation would not have an effect on the future product plan. We start the roll out with the unveiling of the VT-1 brand new model at EICMA in Milan next week. Wait until you see it. It is a true game changer in the market. There will also be shown our new line of E-bikes and some new updates for VX-1 and VX-2.

Best regards,

Michael Fulton
Director of International Sales
Vectrix

azvectrix

Michael,

I had some warranty work pending with Dana (on a VX-1 Li+ conversion). Will I need to restart that process? Who at Vectrix should I contact?

Thanks,
Ron Zastaury

Dear all,

Dana and some other employees were laid off and I cannot get into the details of why that was. No one has "pulled the plug" on Vectrix and we continue to operate as before. Any re-organisation would not have an effect on the future product plan. We start the roll out with the unveiling of the VT-1 brand new model at EICMA in Milan next week. Wait until you see it. It is a true game changer in the market. There will also be shown our new line of E-bikes and some new updates for VX-1 and VX-2.

Best regards,

Michael Fulton
Director of International Sales
Vectrix

ofx210p

Thank goodness you are still operating - so glad and glad to hear (from people i know) that operations are actually very speedy and responsive now.

Cheers

Chris

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage