VX-1 Bone Yard

1 post / 0 new
Spaceangel
VX-1 Bone Yard

Since I and a lot of other people have some dead machines, I was wondering what to do with old not running VX-1 scooters. Is there any one selling controllers for the VX-1? There is an awful lot of plastic that I removed and it looks like I could make a chopper looking scooter if I had to. All I need is any type of battery pack of 100 volts plus or minus, a controller, maybe a simpler one to wire up to the motor, and maybe use the stock throttle assembly. Regen would be nice but just to go forward is OK for now. If the pack voltage is 125 or so there are a lot of DC-DC converter out there to power 12 volt stuff. I could use appropriate chargers that are out there for the type of battery pack I designed to use. There still is no real listing of people selling or want to sell their scooters yet. It seem as if a fair amount of postings are here on V.
Don't really want a computerised controller just something simple of the 5000 to 9000 watt variety at 150 volt rating or more. I am stripped down to motor rear wheel, front wheel and frame so far. Don't want to scrap frame for price of scrap aluminium prices. Since the rear wheel motor assembly is fairly complex compared to xm-5000 I removed it and looking for an appropriate wheel assembly. Now the scooter doesn't seem so big.
Any ideas appreciated in this endeavour. Got lots of AC charging cables now. Also lots of seats since I went with low ride seats on all scooters. AC charger is also complicated and I presume need computer to make it charge a pack? What do I do with it also?
Speedo on dash has got to go? Soon eBay is going to have lots of sellers getting rid of their parts and pieces of scooters.
Then how do one re-title a Vectrix into a chopper? My VW title is saying VW but it is a dune buggy, so maybe just keep it VX-1? It will be chopped! I have a red one a blue one and a green machine.
I read on this list people like oobflyer converting to Lithium packs but don't see much on battery charging since the computer sees a slightly different scenario vs constant current type of charger. I think I can temporarily use Gel Cell or AGM battery pack for a really limited range but again Lead need like Lithium, a properly controlled charger. My EV truck uses 144 volts so it will charge AGM pack to proper voltage. I think the controller issue is the only hard part to re-design VX-1 to make it super simple. Mik do you have any ideas? Who else has tons of scooters that are dead or dying? Can the BMW scooter parts fit VX-1? Or the yellow scooter that is posted last week?

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage