Help converting Vx-1 to Li+

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
CamasMatt
Help converting Vx-1 to Li+

I recently acquired some stock Vectrix GP45EVLF batteries and an Orion BMS to retrofit my VX-1 scooter.

I was hoping someone might have some photos of the stock VX-1 Li+ battery configuration or some advice on the mechanical installation of the batteries. They are bundled into 4 packs of 10 cells each.

I am assuming that the 4 packs should be connected with the large braided interconnects to allow some movement between packs, and that some sort of air-permeable spacing material needs to be added around the outside perimeter of all the packs to prevent movement within the battery box. Is this correct?

A picture would be worth a thousand words, if anyone has had their Li+ apart!

Thanks,

Matt

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Help converting Vx-1 to Li+

Have you searched this site already? Just some weeks such a pic was posted here...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

CamasMatt

Been looking, and have seen many creative conversions with different cell types, but I could only find one pic thus far of a stock Li Vectrix, and that was a closeup of the BMS wiring. I've looked again and couldn't find anything. I must be blind...any chance you could refer me to the thread!

Thanks,

Matt

CamasMatt

MEroller
MEroller's picture

I am just as blind, even though these pics were posted not more than 3 weeks ago... But I think those are the ones you refer to, with the BMS wiring. Maybe one of the Vectrix "gurus" here can help?

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

CO2

What is Orion BMS?

CamasMatt

The guy who sold me the batteries (http://visforvoltage.org/forum/13587-gp30evlf-gp45evlf-lithium-ion-vectrix-cells-available-us-location) also sold me a lightly used BMS made by Orion: http://www.orionbms.com/comparison/.

I have not yet attempted to install the batteries or the BMS, so I can’t say how it will work out. I decided to take a chance, knowing that the only support I could hope for was the good folks on this forum, and hopefully, the fellow who sold me the BMS.

Once I get into it, will try to provide some brief posts about my efforts.

Matt

CamasMatt

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• sarim
  • Edd
  • OlaOst
  • Iber
  • AndresV10

Support V is for Voltage