Beware of polish part dealers!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seiermann
Beware of polish part dealers!

Hi all,
Unhappily I must warn about a polish guy who “sells” vectrix parts from the closed fabric. This guy has no PayPal-account but he states his reputation as former vectrix service engineer…
He seemed to be trustable and so I paid 800€ for a half LI battery to a normal bank account. But whilst he sent me an invoice with his new company address and many mails with firmwares, the latest scooterdiag and so on he told me within the last 2 months three times that the battery would arrive “at the end of the week”.
I offered him to send me my money back if there´s a problem but he didn´t answer for 4 weeks now…
This is a very bad business practice and meanwhile I have to realize that I was hornswoggled by him.
I don´t want to talk someone down but I want to warn everyone who needs urgently parts (batteries) and falls into a trap by believing a “reputation” as I did…
If someone intends to buy parts in Poland send me a PM, I tell you the name of this guy.
Greets
Seiermann

PJD
PJD's picture
Re: Beware of polish part dealers!

I was hornswoggled...

"Hornswoggled"? What German-English dictionary did you find that word? Please, we USAns don't talk like the cowboys in our old "westerns" anymore.

The more modern word is "swindled", or even more modern, "ripped off".

But hey Poland is one of the worlds star-pupils of neoliberal economics. So for much of the Polish working class, with all the cuts, it is either get out and hornswoggle, or starve and freeze this winter! So much for Solidarność...

MEroller
MEroller's picture

@ PJD: LEO :-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

PJD
PJD's picture

Interesting...

The two words I suggested were the only ones not in the long list of suggested words for "hereinlegen". Sure are a lot of words for it. A check of Google translate shows there are even more German words too.

But "hornswoggle" is the word John Wayne used to use...

Seiermann

I'm happy to read that you don't have other problems than my english translation. maybe both of you don't drive a Vectrix?

PJD
PJD's picture

No neither of us do, but as for me, I have nine years of experience owning and having to frequently repair and modify electric scooters, starting with a long-gone shady German hornswoggling company called "Global Generation Cult GmBH" which was selling shoddy Chinese electric scooters as "German made" and even illegally assigning German VIN's to them. I'm referring to, of course, the original E-max. They also claimed that they had revolutionary "silicone batteries" which were really just a kind of sealed lead-acid battery.

It seems unavoidable that our desire to be green makes all of us easy prey for hornswogglerers - especially here in the USA where being green is not very popular.

R
R's picture

Astonishing, thank you for warning us.

jahirsch

Seiermann,

Interesting parts story. I bought a second VX-2 partially assembled as a trade from one of the Polish former vectrix employees. I didn't get all of the body parts and have been trying to contact him. Can you please send me his name (jhirsch [at] highoutput.com) curious if he is the same person.

In any case I am in need of some body parts for a VX-2, willing to pay reasonable money.

• Front Vertical panel Cover upper (black)
• Center Step-through Cover (black)
• Front Vertical panel upper (black)
• Plastic speedometer holder (red or black)
• Front console cover (black)
• Front vertical panel cover lower (black)
• Rear fender (red)

Thanks,

Jim

R
R's picture

Hi jim, the Vx-2 is a rebanged E-max and govecs. Try to find the plastics with that other brands, E-max and govecs.
http://www.govecs.com/
http://www.e-max-scooter.com/

govecs.jpg

jahirsch

Thanks so much the bottom bike is exactly what I have. Hope at last!

Jim

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage