Seeking VX-1 NiMh cells

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jim Logan
Jim Logan's picture
Seeking VX-1 NiMh cells

Short version:
I'm seeking a small number of VX-1 NiMh cells (I believe they are the GP30EVH or equivalent?). I only need 2, will take 10. Any known sources for new cells for US delivery? Or does someone have some left over from Li-Ion conversion they are willing to part with?

Details and comments:
1) If you have some cells and don't know which ones are good or bad, I can sort them out. I own a battery store and have appropriate battery test equipment.
2) I explicitly need only 2 cells, but it never hurts to have spares.
3) I am putting off a lithium-ion conversion for a year. All I need are a couple of cells so I cruise this VX-1 several miles to local Bikes Nights to promote my business.
4) I've cycled about 20% of the cells in my pack (including all the ones with low voltages), and they all show robust capacity (except for the two dead ones).
5) I've followed up the other threads on available batteries, and those supplies are exhausted.

Jim Logan
Pittsburgh, PA USA

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture
Re: Seeking VX-1 NiMh cells

Jim,

I have quite a few still sitting in the garage following my conversion to Lithium.
Let me know if you are interested, shoot a PM to me. I'm in Indiana

Jerry

Kevin_PA

Hi Jim,
I have many used cells you can have for no charge. I bought a replacement pack so I have the cells from the old one available. I have already given away some of them, I have lots left. I am in the Philadelphia area. Let me know if you need any.

2007 VX-1

Jim Logan
Jim Logan's picture

I found replacement NiMh cells and my VX-1 is limping now - can run 10 miles if I nurse it.

I just downloaded the Laird's software, and am getting ready to start to fiddle with software upgrades.

I have my eyes on a leaf module upgrade.

Thanks for the help all.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage