COOPERS LEAF CONVERSION AND OTHER ITEMS.

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
BLUESTREAK
COOPERS LEAF CONVERSION AND OTHER ITEMS.

I might as well start my on thread for my vx1. I am close to re-installing the leaf cells.IMG_0119.JPGIMG_0120.JPG when I first got the cells I was in so much of a hurry just make sure the bike would come alive,I needed to do other things first so now I will.

BLUESTREAK
Re: COOPERS LEAF CONVERSION AND OTHER ITEMS.

MORE PHOTOS,I am improving at this.IMG_0123.JPGIMG_0122.JPG

BLUESTREAK

MORE PHOTOS:IMG_0111.JPGIMG_0111.JPG

BLUESTREAK

On saturday I properly installed a cycle analyst and a cut-off switch to turn off power to the C.A. when not needed.2015-03-15 10.43.43.jpg2015-03-15 10.44.02.jpg

BLUESTREAK

Had to stop for the day but will continue later this week, anyway here's some more photos.IMG_0145[1].JPGIMG_0146[1].JPGIMG_0147[1].JPG

MEroller
MEroller's picture

The exact fit of the Leaf cells in the VX1 frame never ceases to fascinate me :-)
It would be very nice if I could say the same thing about the battery box of my Thunder, but alas, it is not so...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

BLUESTREAK

I belive the main engineer that designed the leaf cells had a vectrix in his garage that had bad batterys so why not kill (2) birds with one drafting pen.

BLUESTREAK

IMG_0149[1].JPGA few more from yesterday, I am getting there.IMG_0150[1].JPGIMG_0151[1].JPG

BLUESTREAK

IMG_0149[1].JPGA few more from yesterday, I am getting there.IMG_0150[1].JPGIMG_0151[1].JPG

BLUESTREAK

Sorry for the double post. fellas this is my first video ever and it's not very good,maybe I can get my wife to help the next time. holding this ipad with one hand dosen't work very well.

BLUESTREAK

I will have to try something else ,I COULD NOT GET THE VIDEO INSERTED SORRY.

BLUESTREAK

Well I finally got everthing back togather and it works.IMG_0167[1]_0.JPGIMG_0168[1]_0.JPGIMG_0169[1].JPGIMG_0171[1].JPG

R
R's picture

I,m following your post with great interest! Great shots, Cooper!
And congratulations, you have an impressive fleet of 3 Vectrixs!

About the videos, I usually upload them to youtube, and the insert here the embedded link, works fine to me.

BLUESTREAK

IMG_0172[1].JPGNow that the vectrix is done i have another project to start for it,I have had this vectrix since late 2009 and it turned out to have dad batterys from the start so I only road around my neighborhood ,it had 33 miles to start and now has only 359 miles. I lost interest after the batterys quit and I opened it up to disconnect the cables and just waited until the proper batterys came along and when they did I jumped headfirst into it. the blue vectrix is for parts only (no title) and I bought thye red one just a couple of months ago for my son if he like my silver job he may want the red one with a leaf upgrade of course. now I will post some photos and wait for the first reply guessing at what my next project is. bye.IMG_0175[1].JPGIMG_0176[1].JPGIMG_0177[1].JPG

bennelson
bennelson's picture

It looks like the orange plastic cover over the cells is original LEAF, with the BMS wires. I see the BMS connector at the rear end of the pack. Do you have that connected to anything?

BLUESTREAK

HI BEN, I used the (2nd) part of the harness and put JST cell balance cables spliced on the end that is cut off and ran them back to the trunk where you can monitor the each cell and can also use a balance-charger to top balance the cells and they stay closely balanced. these photos will help explain.IMG_0117[1].JPGIMG_0178[1].JPGIMG_0180[1].JPG

R
R's picture

Oh.. Scary project... pretty dangerous on sharp turns!
If you need 3 wheels to feel safer buy a Vx3...

BLUESTREAK

HI"R" this is going to be a bolt on-off set up just an experiment, you guessed first. thanks for your nice compliments.

bennelson
bennelson's picture

Thanks for those photos. I have an entire Nissan Leaf pack in my garage right now that I'm taking apart.

I want to do a LEAF upgrade to my Vectrix, but I haven't worked on an EV project yet with either Lithium cells OR an official BMS.

I'm also interested in how Hybrid Auto Center splits up the packs. The LEAF pack is in 3 main sections - one of which is 24 modules. Looks like they sell the 18 Module Vectrix pack as just the 24 module section of the car battery with 6 modules removed. For the cut off wires on the LEAF BMS connector, did you do that, or did it come that way from Hybrid Auto Center?

BLUESTREAK

BEN I cut off the bms harness myself because when I bought HAC was not making the VECTRIX PACKAGE yet.I bought the 24 pack cells.and had to remove the (6) extra cells and short pc. of harness.using the harness and cell checkers will do if you don't plan to buy an expensive BMS system. and if do like me and KOCHO and run the (2nd) pc. of harness back to the trunk where you can monitor the cells after top balancing them you can do without the bms system. it is best to arrange the mods. so the positive cable is at the left front of the scooter bay it makes it easier to hook up I think here is a photo of the pc. of the harness that I removed along with the wires that are not needed in the BMS harness. this need to be studied very careful and have it in your mind just what you need to do,don't hurry or you will make mistakes. once you remove the harness system from the batterys tape over the posts until you are ready to replace the harness after you have installed the cells in the bike,it is easy to let something touch the top of the cell posts and wear good thin rubber gloves. if you need to talk we can send each other our ph.#'s by pm.IMG_0182[1].JPG

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage