Intermittent Brake light?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sunder
Intermittent Brake light?

Hi all,

It's time for my roadworthy test again. Unfortunately it failed. Front fork is leaking, which is pretty straight forward, but he also said the brake lights were inconsistent. Sometimes they turn on when the brake levers are pulled. Sometimes they don't.

He reckons it's just a worn/dirty switch, but since Vectrixes are quite rare, he's not willing to hunt down parts etc. I'd have to do the service/repair myself.

1. Does anyone know if this is the most likely problem? I've seen some threads saying brake lights can flicker if you change the front light, but I don't know if it's the same issue, since it only seems to have happened recently, and I've had the LED conversion for a while now.

2. Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts or compatible parts if it ends up being the switch? I can't see anything on eBay or Vectrix Parts.

Thanks.

R
R's picture
Re: Intermittent Brake light?

check faston plug wires to brake switch. If they're correctly plugged in, replace brake switches.

Sunder
Re: Intermittent Brake light?

Ended up getting the part from Vectrix Parts. Rather than being called a "Brake Switch" it's called a "Brake Sensor".

By the way, $5 is for a pair, not for a single, so now I have too many of them. If anyone in Australia actually needs a set (not just holding it "just in case"), I'm happy to post it to you for free. Wouldn't want anyone else to go through the hassle I went through to get a set, since they don't ship to Australia.

Thanks.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage