What's up visforvoltage forum? I've been away for several years now(since I popped something in zerogas), but I've recently decided to pull out the old electric scoot and see what I can do to get it going again.
It's in a million pieces at the moment and has been in the crawl space under our house for oh... 10 years or so. This should be fun, lol.
The first thing I did was hose it off and give it a good wash. It's looking almost like a new xb-600 now(except for all the fairings i have removed during my tinkering).
Not too bad, especially if you had seen it before!
Next thing to do is see if the 12 year old batteries will charge.
I'm not going to get excited yet, but the charging light is a good sign!
Next, I want to take the cover off of the speed controller and check the caps. I'm still not sure why the scooter died when I put 84v on it, but I dont think the controller is the problem, because if you guys remember, if any of you are still around, I put 100v mosfets and capacitors in this controller. At first glance it looks ok, a little bit of corrosion, but that will clean up. The caps look brand new. I really dont think my problem is in here.
It's going to take a couple of days to get all the batteries charged(because I want to trickle charge them 1 at a time), but I will post updates to this project here. I hope some of you will find it interesting, and it will also serve as a resource for me for the future.