Zero battery voltage: re-charging.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
HubCap
Zero battery voltage: re-charging.

Hello

I inadvertently left my Vectrix VX1 switched on for a few months and now have nothing on turning the key.

I have read that it is possible to use a radio control model aircraft NiMH charger to resurect the batteries.

Can anyone suggest such a charger and how to do it please?

Many thanks

Jim

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture
Re: Zero battery voltage: re-charging.

Hi Jim,

I assume your Vectrix has a NiMH battery pack, in which case, using a R/C charger is going to be quite involved as it requires removal and disassembly of the complete battery pack to recharge each or the twelve modules one module at a time:
//i.imgur.com/QFWl8xg.png)

For a much easier solution, take a look at this post to see how to access the main battery connector to check the entire battery voltage.

There are also details showing how to make a cheap trickle charger using a couple of fixed current LED power supplies to bring the battery voltage back up to above 90V so that the built in charger will be able to work again.

Alan

israndy
israndy's picture

Nice Pic. I keep meaning to upgrade my bike, but then another year passes...

nyandy

Hello!
I got the same problem after I left my Vectrix for more than 8 years , and I wired 6 of 24v (Mean Well 24V 10A Commercial Grade Power Supply ) in series to get 144 V & 10A , and I was able to bring back to life my Vectrix just after a few minutes to charge( you have to find a plug under the headlight) ,
I hope this is helpful, let me know if you have more questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mean-Well-24V-10A-Commercial-Grade-Power-Supply-Open-Frame-USP-225-24-8x4x1-5-/192879310838

Andy

joaorui5

Hi
I'm in the same situation, I've order yesterday 3 of these ( one is spair), for charging mine, then I have a long way to repair the temperature sensors, I guess...
Regards
João Rui
.Screenshot_2020-02-13-17-46-58-486_com.amazon.mShop_.android.shopping.jpg (21.68 KB)Screenshot_2020-02-13-17-46-58-486_com.amazon.mShop_.android.shopping.jpg

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage