My Vectrix has about 11,000 miles on it; I generally only drive it a few times a month.
On two recent rides, I noticed a slight hesitation in the first mile of the ride affecting both acceleration and regen, but both times it quickly disappeared and the rest of the ride was fine. One time I thought I caught a whiff of something burning.
Then on Monday it completed died while climbing a small hill a few miles from home:
- Power went to zero, so I pulled over.
- The dash still looked normal, but the throttle had no effect.
- I turned the key off to cycle it.
- I again caught a whiff of smoke from the rear under the seat, perhaps like burnt wire.
- Turning the key back on after a short wait, the dash and all indicators are all dark.
- I trailered it home yesterday and tried charging it: still no sign of life.
I plan to start taking it apart and will search for any indication of a short.
Any & all suggestions appreciated!