Free Vectrix parts (UK)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
HubCap
Free Vectrix parts (UK)

I have a load of vectrix parts most parts, not including coloured bodywork and electronics, that are taking up too much space in my garage.
Free to anybody who would like to collect them from South Wiltshire / Hampshire border area

martinwinlow
Re: Free Vectrix parts (UK)

Hi,

I really need a working controller PCB as mine has a fault and I've already spent €250 with Vectrixparts trying to get it fixed but it worked only for a very short time and they (of course) are blaming me for poor installation. Anyway, if you have one I'd be very interested but I'm on a remote island off the west cost of Scotland so collection is off the agenda. I'd be happy to pay for and arrange collection by ParcelForce or something if you are happy with that...?

Regards, Martin.

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

israndy
israndy's picture

I am surprised he isn't selling them on eBay too. But perhaps this is like when my wife tells me it's time to clean the garage. Everything ends up on Craigslist for free. I just need it gone.

I would think being on a small island in another country would not be the audience for his request. I too am on a small island in another country, only I am on another continent that doesn't share his currency, so I didn't even consider asking.

HubCap

Have you tried posting on the vectrix club and vectrix uk groups on Facebook?

Keep it shiny side up!

martinwinlow

Hi, Whose message are you replying to? MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
evalbum.com/2092

israndy
israndy's picture

Wow! Checking out your home island on Apple Maps. That's cool! But I looked all over and didn't see a gas station. That's actually kinda nice and makes me understand why you have a Vectrix. You could go all over that island several times on a single charge. I am assuming you guys have electricity, not that I see solar or wind there. I would like to live in such a quaint little place, although I am not sure where you go for Sunday Brunch. Except when we are on Covid Lockdown that has always been the big day to get out of the house. That or going to an Apple store, also not on your island.

That southern bit of land appears to have a road to a big industrial-looking plant, but that road appears to just go thru the ocean between it and the main island. Is that a tidal road? Or do you have to use amphibious vehicles to cross?

Our island of Alameda, CA has 5 bridges and one set of tubes to get on and off the island, so it's not the same trade-off you guys must experience. Our tube even has rush hours.

HubCap

Hi Martin,
I was replying to you via email. I'm afraid I don't have the controller, but you could try on the Facebook groups I mentioned.

Keep it shiny side up!

martinwinlow

Hi Hubcap, Sorry, senior moment! I didn't notice that you and the OP were one and the same. And I didn't get any emails from you...?

Anyway, will do, thanks, but I tried finding a specific FB page and failed and do you mean 'vectrixowners.uk' for 'Vectrix Club'?

M

Regards, Martin Winlow
evalbum.com/2092

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation